Chapter 15: How To Save A Life

A/n: I actually planned for this story to actually be fifteen chapters only but I guess, it may be extended more.

Three days passed so quickly

Three days passed so quickly. Arima Kousei could always be seen passing through Princess Aquina's room back and forth. More on, he had always been escorted by Yumemiya Daichi and some police men whenever he leaves his room since his father still needed to work for him.

Watari and Tsubaki's visits always makes him forget about Aquina but when they weren't around, his mind returns back to her. He wonders why Aquina hasn't yet woken up yet. He sighed deeply inside his room that morning. He's alone and there were two police officers outside his room. Sometimes, he feels like he's a criminal for having two police officers guarding him. His mother went inside and asked him, "How are you feeling? How's your shoulder?"

"It still hurts when I sleep at my right side," he told her.

"Are you eating well? You know we don't want you getting thin," she told her son.

"I'm fine, mom," he told her. "I'm eating well."

She looked at him and smiled. His eyes were still obviously troubled and depressed. "Son, are you still having nightmares?"

"You can't change the fact I'm depressed, mom," he answered her. "I'm worried that Aquina will leave me. She hasn't woken up and it had been three days already."

She doesn't know what to tell him after he said it but she knows that as a mother, what he needs best right now isn't a series of talk and advice. What he needs is to be shown sympathy and affection. She hugged him tight and she just let her son cry.

...

Night... Arima Kousei was running on the corridors of the hospital. It was a big surprise to him when he saw Princess Aquina wearing white and awake before him. The princess lead her into a paradise filled with white tulips which totally made him fall for her more. He was holding her hand tightly and the air made her dress sway elegantly. She looked at his eyes and asked him, "Have you chosen her? I can leave happily if you do say you chose her more than me. Don't say you won't keep loving her when I pass away. She's yours. I can't change that. Please don't worry about me, Kousei. Please let go of me. I can't leave seeing you hurt."