Chapter Twelve

~Next day~
Gina,

"Jules." I knocked on Jules door. "Come in." He said. I opened the door and walked in.

"We need to talk." I said. I sat on the bed. "If this is about me selling drugs I don't want to hear it."

"Come live with me in Atlanta." I suggested. "Why do you want me out of the trap so bad?" He asked.

"This isn't a healthy lifestyle." I said. I don't even know why he's selling drugs. I'm the one paying the bills.

"What are you using the money for?" I asked. "I owe Ray some money." He stated.

"You told me that you already payed it." He told me that two years ago. "I said that cause I ain't want y'all on my back about it."

"How much is left?" I asked. "Forty thousand. I've already payed sixty thousand."

I know that he took one million from King to pay other drug dealers back. "I'll pay the rest of the money if you come live with me in Atlanta." I decided.

He thought for it for a while. "Ok. I'll live with you." It's time to change his life around. "Let's return the money." I said.

"He wants it all in cash." He told me. "I'll just take one thousand of my account each day then we can give it to him." I stated. My phone dinged. It was a text from August.

August: I'm here.

Gina: I'm coming.

"August is here so I'm going to go." I announced. "Tell your boyfriend I said what's up." He said. "He's not my boyfriend." I asserted.

If we were going to get back together it would be a couple months from now. I entered the car.

"Hey." I greeted. "Hi." I said. The car was quite. I couldn't stand the silence. "Is it ok if I put on the radio?" I asked.

"Did ya talk to your brother yet?" August asked. "I did. We made an agreement that he comes and live with me in Atl for exchange to pay 40k to Ray." I replied.

August,

Shit. I was a drug dealer when I was in highschool. I stole some of King's money to keep me and my family off the streets. I don't remember how much I owe him.

"Are you alright?" Gina questioned. "Yeah I'm fine." I answered. "What's up?" She asked. She knows me so well.  "It's nothing."

"Ok." She said. I could tell she was pissed. I knew she doesn't believe me. I know her as much as she knows me

We went on a couple rides. She still has an attitude with me. I leaned in but she turned her head making me kiss her cheek. I thought a kiss might change her mood.