Chapter 24

Perrie's POV

We were getting ready to meet Simon for our new album and upcoming schedule. I was feeling a little bit nervous though, like whether or not our songs could be put into the album...well who am I kidding to? This was definitely not the main reason...it's his reaction after telling him about me and Jade. I have imagined some of the possible responses from Simon in my head so as to mentally prepared myself, and most of them were not good. The last thing I want was him asking me to break up with Jade to keep our career. There is no brainer I would rather give up my career to be with Jade, cause to me, there is nothing more important than her in this world and I would give up anything to be with her. But of course I don't want to do this if I don't have to, I don't want to be the one ruining our career we all fought so hard for in these five years.

I felt a small hand slipped into my hand and squeezed it, I smiled as I immediately knew who she was. I turned my head and Jade was giving me a comforting smile. She knew I was nervous. It is so weird how we could read each other's mind without saying anything...it could be a glance at the slightest change on the facial expression or even just an intuition on the shift of mood. I felt the nerve started to go away because of her warm gesture. She always knows how to calm me down.

"Are you ready girls?" Jesy asked. We all nodded and left the house. We got in our car and headed to HQ.

"You okay baby?" Jade lifted her head off my shoulder, staring at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

"Yeah. As long as you are with me." I pecked her forehead and stroked her hair, which earned a cute smile from my brunette.

"Don't worry girls. We would do anything to stop him splitting you two up if we have to." Leigh said in the front, turning her head and looking at us with determination in her eyes.

"Yeah! Screw him if he does that! I will beat him up if I have to!" Jesy scolded and we laughed.

"Thank you girls." I smiled at Lesy. I turned to Jade and saw a bright smile on her face. I leaned in and captured her heavenly sweet lips, which instantly eliminating all my fear and worry with a feathery feeling that only she could give me. I felt her smiling into the kiss and slowly kissed me back. I would do anything to protect her and her smile.

We got out of our car when we arrived at HQ. We headed to Simon's office and he was already there. We walked into his office and sat down at the meeting table. Jade sat next to me and Lesy were at the opposite side. Jade moved her chair closer to me and held my hand under the table, knowing well it could help to get rid of any nerve that was still in my body, which I gave her a squeeze on the hand as a thank you. My thumb was tracing small circle at the back of her hand to comfort her, cause deep down I knew she was just as anxious as I was. We exchanged a smile, ready to face any possible consequences ahead of us.

"Have you girls written any new songs?" Simon asked

"Yeah. We each have written one." Jesy replied. We then all started playing our songs to Simon one by one. We silently waited for his response after all four songs had been played.

"You all are brilliant writers I have to say. These songs are great and could definitely put into your new album" He smiled with a satisfied look on his face. We grinned at one another for the good news.

"I do have one suggestion though." He added and we turned our head back to Simon.

"I think with the lyrics like that, "Touch" could be produced as a upbeat song too. Just have to change the melody, and I guarantee it would be a hit. And the original one could still put as an acoustic version in the album. What do you think?" We glanced at each other and by the look, we knew we all agreed on it.