Chapter 19 - Alyc in Yogtowers

Chapter 19 - Alyc in Yogtowers,

Alyssa's POV:

 "Well.. You see..." I say, worried. What if they dont like me afterwards? What if they get really annoyed? I sunk my head and sighed. "I'll just show you."

They looked at each other and I pulled my hair, away from my eye. They both gasped as they saw the marks around it. I pull my hair band off my wrist and put my hair up. They look at each other and then back to me. Martyn is the first to speak.

"Did it hurt?" 

"Which one? This one?" I say, pointing to the bruise behind my eye. He nods. "Meh! It hurt while he was doing it but not after." 

Sparks* was about to speak but I felt  vibration against my leg. I pulled out my uncles phone and looked at the number. Mrs Williams. I raised a finger to my lips to shush the others two and I answered the phone, in my sweetest voice,

"Hi, Mrs Williams, Alyssa here. What's up?" 

"Where are you?" said a thick, males voice at the other end of the phone. Worry filled me now but I pushed it away. 

"C-Colin?!" , 

The boys go to speak but I raise my hand again to shush them. 

"Where are you Wonerland?" 

"Nowhere," I say, quietly,

"What did you say?" 

I raise my voice, confidence filling me now.

"Nowhere!" 

I can hear him, breathing through his teeth,

"You listen here, Alyssa Candic-"

"NO! You listen," I say, interupting him. "You may have beaten and abused me when I was a child, you may have beaten and abused me again but you will never make me leave Bristol or the people I love!" I stand up as I continue "I am not your toy!" 

"How DARE you speak to your elder like that!" 

I scoff, "Elder? You're a little kid who can't get his own way!" 

"Where are you?" He repeats, 

"Go to hell, Colin! And tell Williams the same thing..."

He goes to say something but I finish my sentance,

"...You Selfish, Abusive, ignorant, Heartless Bastard!"

I hand up on the call and go to open the kitchen window that overlooks the street below. I throw the phone out of the window and hear it smash against the pavement.

I hear clapping behind me and see Sparks*, Martyn and Simon clapping. I start to laugh and the others join in. Simon sits down and asks if thats him gone now. I turn to him and hug him, 

"I hope so!"