Episode 5

4BBY
Dentaal

"Scout 2-2 to 2-6....do you have visual on the crash site, over?" A scout asks another as they move through the forest.

"Yes. I'm staring right at it, over." Scout 2-6 says.

"Copy that. Can you see anyone?" Scout 2-2 asks.

"That's a negative." Scout 2-6 says.

"Move in as close as you can to check it out. My team is almost to the crash site." 2-2 tells 2-6.

"Copy that." 2-6 says and turns toward 2 scouts with him.

"Denny, Ted, let's go." 2-6 says.

"Yo Jason, just like old times right? Back on Devaron." Denny says.

"Ha yep. Just like them." Jason says as they slowly near the remains of the destroyed ship.

"This is 2-5 to 2-2, we have zero visual on any rebels or survivors. They must've been either killed in the crash and vaporized in the explosion or they're gone." Denny says into his comm.

"Copy that 2-5. We're almost there.." 2-2 says.

The 3 scouts look around and wait for another team of 4 scouts to walk over. Jason and the other 2 look toward them.

"Glad you could make it, Rus." Jason says.

"Of course I'd make it. I wouldn't miss this for anything." The scout leader says.

"From all the Intel we received, we do believe they are the same rebels who attacked the Trandosha base." Jason says.

"Good. Luke, Zach, stay here. Keaton, Ted, Denny, Jason, let's go for a walk." Rusty says.

"Yes sir." One of the scouts, Luke, says and he and Zach walk over to the ship and stand around while Rusty leads the others into the forest.

"I see footprints sir." Ted says and points down.

"Nice work." Rusty says and looks down at the tracks.

One of the scouts, Keaton, was wearing a tan ball cap on his head with sunglasses rather than his helmet. They keep walking and follow the footsteps until they walk past a large tree. Rusty steps through an invisible light, triggering a hidden explosive. Rusty looks over as the trunk of large tree beside him is blasted apart and the tree starts toppling over. The blast throws him aside as the tree comes crashing down. Jason, Denny and Keaton move out of the way and Ted dives but not before he hits his head on the falling tree and hits the ground.

"Everyone ok?" Rusty asks as he stands up.

"Ted is down." Jason says looking over.

"He's alive though." Denny says as he checks his pulse.

Meanwhile, the Bat Squadron team trekked through the woods while Bat did his best to find a signal for his helmet's communicator. He sighs and retracts his antenna and looks around. Stormer looks back at him and Bat shakes his head. Stormer nods as they keep walking, dragging or carrying the crates with their supplies with them.