Chapter 6: Wizard

Alfred's POV

I watched as Arthur fought with a soldier at the training field. My expression was amused and I couldn't hold back my laughter, as Arthur fell to the ground. He shot me a glare but I ignored it. His training had started a couple days ago, and I, too, had to practise politics and other things. It was boring and I usually escaped from Yao's lessons.

I sighed. Yao really could be pain on the ass. He forces us to train waltz. Together. We aren't going to our wedding! It's just a coronation... Well, my mother said that there will be a feast after coronation. Maybe that's why.

Further, Arthur let out annoyed groan. He lied on the ground and his wooden sword was next to him.

"Sir, are you alright?" I heard his opponent ask. Soldier looked little worried, but when Arthur answered something, his expression disappeared. I walked to them. Soldier saluted.

"Did you lose?" I helped him up.

"What does it look like?" Arthur answered sharply and wiped sand off of his robe. He had finally convinced Eliza that he couldn't wear corset and dress. She gave up and now Arthur had a violet robe, white bowtie, black boots, brown trousers and a blue singlet.

"I think this battle training is over. He'll come again tomorrow morning." I said to soldier. He nodded and began to walk away. Soon-to-be Queen huffed and scowled me.

"What do you have next?" I asked when we began walking to the palace.

"History and then magic with Queen Theresa." He answered. I nodded.

Arthur was always exhausted when he came back from the basement with my mother. I don't know why and they wouldn't tell me anything.

"She's not Queen anymore. You are." We walked across the frontyard.

"She is Queen until we are coronated."

"Whatever." I said.

"It's not whatever, it's-"

"King Alfred!" I heard somebody call my name. I turned and saw my mother's servant. Arthur glanced me and worry was written in his eyes.

"Don't worry." I whispered. Everyone in the castle liked Queen Theresa. She was always nice and understanding.

"What happened?" I asked from her.

"Your mother is wounded."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rushed through the door. Arthur followed me, and his pace was slower than mine.

"Mother!" I exclaimed when I saw her. She was pale and looked sick.

"Are you alright?" I walked next to her bed. Arthur remained in front of her bed.

"Don't you worry, Alfred." Theresa said weakly.

"What happened?"

"We were at the city. I met my old friend at her home and we talked. Suddenly she attacked to me and tried to kill me." Theresa trembled.

"She belongs to the group which objects the monarchy." Mother said.

"She tried to kill you. Jeez, what kind of friends you have..."

"I've heard of that group. They call themselves 'Fighters of Freedom'." Arthur told.

"Oh, I didn't know that belonged to that group." I joked.

"Wha-! You git!" He snarled. "I didn't say that I belonged to FF. There were just some rumors about it in the slumms."

"Don't joke around, my son. This is not the time to joke. You should take this seriously. They might be a powerful threat to us."

"Ok, ok..." I sighed.

"So there won't be magic lesson today?" Arthur asked.

"No, there won't. Just read chapter six and eight and train some of the spells." He nodded slightly.

"What're you talking about?" I was confused, but then I remembered. "A Queen can be male or female. He or she is usually a human, who possess a skill called magic. They can cast spells and curses."

"Arthur, are you a wizard?" I asked abruptly.

"What? Of course I am." He answered. "Why did you ask..?"

"Oh, it's nothing. I just... I've heard of a Queen who died when she used magic."

"Alfred. You don't have to worry. I know my own limits and abilities." Arthur said. "I have a good teacher." He added.

I nodded hesitantly. I couldn't get of the feeling that if something happened to him, I would do anything to make him better. It scared me. Why do I care so much of Arthur, when I have only known him couple of weeks?

... And this chapter is again full of conversations =•=