CHAPTER • 10

After the lunch time, Miyoung and Jeonghan went back to their classroom for the next subject. Jeonghan can’t wait till their dismiss time because he will go to Miyoung’s house after a long time.

When the teacher dismissed the class, Miyoung and Jeonghan quickly grabbed their things and went out from the classroom excitedly but of course they did not forget to say goodbye to their friends.

When they reached the Jeon family’s house, they both entered the house excitedly but there is no one in the living room and the lights are all off.

“Where are your parents? I thought they don’t have work today.” Jeonghan asked curiously as he looked around the house.

“I don’t know. As I know too, they don’t have work today.” Miyong said, walking to the kitchen with Jeonghan following her behind.

Miyoung turned on the lights in the kitchen and then she got greeted by her parents and her brother a ‘Happy Birthday!’

Jeonghan and Miyoung saw the table has a lot of food on it. Miyoung knew that it is all her mom’s cook. She smiled, seeing those food prepared all by her mother.

“Thank you, mom and dad!” Miyoung said happily as she hugged her parents.

“What about me, Miyoung? I helped mom to cook those food.” Wonwoo said, pointing to himself.

Miyoung chuckled and said, “Thanks, my brother.”

“So, do you like our present?” Mrs. Jeon asked as she clasped her fingers together.

“Present?” Miyoung asked curiously and furrowed her eyebrows.

Miyoung’s parents laughed at her action. Mrs. Jeon said, “Miyoung, turn around.”

Miyoung did what her mom asked and she only saw Jeonghan there standing. Jeonghan smiled and said, “I am your present.” He chuckled.

“What do you mean?”

“Miyoung, your dad and I don’t know what to gift on your birthday so we just asked Jeonghan to come back here. Honestly, Jeonghan had a problem while preparing for some things and in getting his plane ticket but at least he made it to come back here for you.” Mrs. Jeon explained.

“Wonwoo helped me for everything, Mimi.” Jeonghan said.

Miyoung then ran to her brother and gave him a hug. “Thank you, Wonwoo. You really know what I really want.”

“So, let’s eat!” Mr. Jeon interrupted.

Miyoung sat beside Jeonghan. Beside Jeonghan, Wonwoo sat there. Of course, in front of them are the Jeon parents.

“So, Jeonghan. How was your first day?” Mr. Jeon asked.

“It was good. I didn’t know Miyoung is the president of the class.” Jeonghan chuckled.

“What was her reaction when she saw you?” This time, Mrs. Jeon asked.

“She’s just quiet but kept looking at me. I think she can’t believe that I’m the new student.”

“I really don’t know what to do. You didn’t even tell me that you’re coming back!” Miyoung pouted which it made her parents and Wonwoo laugh.

“We planned it. It is our surprise for you!” Jeonghan said and pinched Miyoung’s cheek.

Miyoung felt her cheeks started to heat up after Jeonghan pinched her. She just smiled but her brother noticed that she blushed. Wonwoo wanted to ignore his sister blushed but he wants to tease her, so he did.

“Aww… Why is my sister blushing?” Wonwoo teased.

“M-me… No, I’m not.” Miyoung touched her cheeks and shook her head.

“Liar. I just saw you blushed and smiled slightly after Jeonghan pinched your cheek.” Wonwoo kept teasing his sister.

“I said I didn’t blush. Yes, I smiled because I’m happy that he came back.” Miyoung answered, not looking at her brother and just focused eating her food.

“Aigoo. Fine, you won.” Wonwoo chuckled.

After Jeonghan and the Jeon family ate, they helped each other to clean the kitchen before they do their own businesses. Wonwoo went out again with Mingyu, Miyoung’s parents went to the living room to watch some movies, while Miyoung and Jeonghan went to Miyoung’s room to do their homework and stuff.

Being at the Jeon family’s house again after a long time, Jeonghan didn’t see much change in Miyoung’s room. Only Miyoung’s bed changed, it is now bigger than before because Miyoung is now a grown up girl.

They have lots of homework but they decided to do their homework in Math last because it is the hardest subject for them.