C h a p t e r Ω S e v e n

We roamed through the room. I've never been so close to all these weapons. It was beginning to freak me out.. I followed Emma to the desk. A middle aged man sat there polishing a golden sword with a Clorox wipe. The man stopped when he saw Emma, and ruffled his messy hair.

"Nice seeing you here, Em? What'cha need?", He said.

"Alex here needs a weapon. A daughter of Hecate, and please pick out something light for her. She isn't trained yet".

"Aahh, I have just the thing!". He put his sword down and jumped out his seat. He hummed as he foraged through the closet. "Here!".

He handed me a dark colored sword. It was so pretty. It glimmered purple on its sides and had a smooth surface and a sharp top.

"This", he said, presenting it in front of me. "Is an obsidian blade. Rumor has it, when linked with its true owner during a battle it ignites green flames.. Here , try it out".

I held it and almost fell, but caught myself.

"Heh, sorry. That's the lightest we've got. Your going to have to learn how to wield it".

I nodded, awkwardly trying to adjust myself. I ran my finger around it. Suddenly, purple light glowed inside the sword.

The man smiled. "It chose you. Every sword has its own personality and traits. Learn how to use it to your advantage".

"Thanks Jackie", Emma said.

"That'll be 8 drachmas", he said.

"Drachmas?", I ask. "I only have credit-".

"I got this", Emma said, placing down gold coins.  "Thanks, Come on Alex".

We got out and I asked, "Is there.. um anything I can put this in? I don't think I can hold it all the time".

She chuckled, "Yea sure. For now though, pack up your things. Here are some spare clothes I brought from your house". She handed me my backpack. "There is probably a sword holder in there. I'll be right back".

I sat down on a bench and waited. A girl with black hair, narrow but pretty brown eyes, and lightly tanned skin marched forward. "Where is that smug bitch!!", She yelled.

"Calm down, Al! She isn't the one who chose it!", someone said, chasing behind her. I recognized him but I couldn't quite get his name.. It was somewhere in the back of my head..

"EMMA!!", the girl yelled.

The guy sighed, and stood crossing his arms. His gaze turned to me. "Oh hey Alex!". He smiled. "Do you happen to know where Em-".

"Gees, Alaina! What do you want?", Emma said.

"Why did you turn me in for the quest?! I didn't agree to it! If anything, I don't fucking support it!!".

"It wasn't me go complain to Chiron. WHy the hell would I want you in my team? Your such a-".

"Guys! Calm down", He said trying to break it up.

Alaina clenched her fists. "Drew! You don't want to go either! Why aren't you on my side here?".

Drew. Now I remember.

Heh.. feel a bit left out here...

"This isn't our choice guys. Chiron brought us together for a reason. He wasn't just winging it for this quest".

Emma sighed, pinching her nose. She looked at me and handed me the sword holder. "Go pack Alex.. I'll go get Elliot. And Alaina, if you have anything more to say, go whine to Chiron".

"Ugh!". She marched off.

Drew gave a smile to me. "Nice sword".

He noticed me struggling to put it in the holder, and made me pause when he touched my wrist.

"Here I got it". He adjusted the belt around my waist and placed the sword into it. My face turned red. "Better right?".

I nodded.

"Good, see you in an hour".

I walked to my cabin. I opened the door. Empty. Even though I was used to living in my dad's empty mansion, this cabin made it feel lonelier than it was before.. I looked through my backpack. Clothes, makeup, essentials, and such. I took out my old clothes from the laundry and put them inside. Emma mentioned that I'll have to use my mist to cover our weapons from the humans. I took the book out of my bag. I read through the instructions...I looked at my sword.. Okay.. I can do this. I placed my hands over it. Sparkling purple glimmered around it. I closed my eyes. Think of something different maybe? like.. Corn! My heart began hurting.. Burning...I opened my eyes, snorted, rubbing my chest to numb the pain.. The sword still felt like a sword it was but looked like corn. Painful, but easier than I expected. This is so cool!

I looked through my belongings making sure everything was there.

Before I knew it an hour had passed. I quickly changed into a floral t shirt, jean shorts, and cat sockings. I pulled up my hair into a high pony tale. I know it would probably all mess up anyway, but I'd like to wear something cute before I die. Or hopefully survive.

Knock, knock.

I opened the door. "Ready?", Emma asked.

"Yea".

''

We all sat down into Emma's car. I sat in the passenger's seat, Emma on the driver's seat, and the rest in the back.

Emma turned to me. She held all of our weapons in front of me and said bluntly, "Do your magic".

"Yes ma'am", I smirked. She smiled back and inched the bag onto my lap.

I rubbed my hands over the bag. Maybe.. Pencils. My heart began to hurt again.. This time though, it hurt more. I pushed on it harder and held back my screams. My head started to burn as well... Dizzy...

"Alex? You okay?", Emma asked.

"I...".