C h a p t e r Ω T w e l v e

I'm not sure where I was.. But the atmosphere...

I had goosebumps. I rubbed my arms, trying to warm up. I saw the coffin from before. It was much more damaged now. There was a thrown covering it. I only saw the back of it.. "This is the only way", A voice cried.. tears... "The only way.."

"I'm sorry mother.."

Lamia...?

"I need this...".

"Mistress?", someone asked. Almost a familiar voice...  It sounded like a recording. Maybe a phone call? I don't know.

"Not now.."

"I'm sorry but I've sent over who you wanted.."

"Ok.. Good."

"Permission to speak freely , mistress?".

"Permission granted".

"Why do you need him? I'm already  leading the descendant to you".

Really familiar...

"She wont be able to kill him.. But, he'll kill her for me..".

Two people in armor came in. They threw a boy onto the floor. I noticed that the guard's eyes were completely black.. Just as the taxi driver, and the woman at the airport. The boy was panicking, breathing hard.. wait..

"Do it", Lamia said.

"Yes mistress", the guards said. They grabbed the boy by his head .. I recognized his black hair, pale skin.. light , innocent brown eyes.. pink lips....

"Magnus!!", I screeched.

The dark smoke elevated from the coffin into his mouth. His eyes turned solid black.. Warm tears fell quickly down my cheek.

I woke up crying, screaming. I threw my self up the chair. I kept gasping. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I held the door handle leaning onto it. I watched as my tears fell onto the ground. 

Emma ran to me. "Alex? Are you alright?!".

I looked at her, then grabbed her and hugged.

"I-its okay", she said, hugging me back. "Its fine".

"I-I..I think they took Magnus.. Oh God...".

"It was just a dream".

"I-it didn't f-feel like it !!".

"What's wrong?", Elliot said rushing out.

My hands trembled. Emma let go of the hug, which I hated. All I want right now more than anything is comfort from Magn-

Elliot hugged me. I cried more.

"He's not dead. He isn't okay? The mist is just giving you hallucinations. You used your strength too fast.. it has an after affect".

I nodded. I wasn't using it before though... before I came to camp-

"What do you guys want for breakf-? What happened?", Drew said, stepping into the room.

Elliot let go, and I rubbed my eyes.

"Nightmare", Emma sighed.

"oh... ".

He frowned. Alaina was still in the sofa bed. Emma probably saw me looking at her, because she said, "I'll wake her up, you relax a bit.. we need to decide what to do the next few day-".

I held her sleeve. "C-can you stay with me for now?", I asked.

She was shocked at first, then smiled. "Sure".

'''

I blushed. Alex was really cute when she's helpless.... I shook my head. Focus, Elliot.

'''

I leaned on Emma's shoulder. She still had the same scent. It smelled like peaches and cinnamon.  After sitting in silence watching the television, I turned to her and said, "I'm sorry.. for yelling".

"No... you had every right too... I was taking this too seriously..".

"I promise to never do it again!", I say. I picked up her pinky finger with mine. "Pinky promise".

She smiled, then hugged me. "I'm sorry... its just..."..

We talked. I explained to her the dream. That I'm pretty sure Lamia can possess people. That their making Hecate's mist into a dark poison.

"Breakfast is ready!", Drew yelled. Mr. D stormed out the room.

"Finally!", he yelled. He ran to sit on the counter.

Emma stood, and picked me up.

~

"So what are we going to do for the next three days?", Drew asked. Happily eating his eggs.

"There's a bar downstairs", Dionysus said, while reaching for another serving of bread.

"We're too young man", Elliot said.

"I was talking about me I don't care what you kids do".

"Wow, Thanks mentor".

"it  might be dangerous, though", Emma said.

"Well you don't go to Hong Kong everyday now do you?".

I wasn't really paying much attention to their conversation. I didn't eat anything, just ran my fork in the eggs. I sighed.

'''

I was sitting by Alex. She still looked depressed.. I had a small urge.. I feel like I should comfort her.... I slowly tried to reach for her ha-

"I saw a concert billboard today. Do you guys want to go?", Alaina suggested.

"Not really", Alex mumbled. "May I be excused?".

"Uh.. Yea, sure".

Dammit.

She got up and went to the bathroom.

They continued.

"How about Lantau Island? We'll take a boat. It'll be quiet and it'll keep us away from land. Lamia wont be able to possess anyone when there is only us, right?", Emma said.

I spaced out. Before I knew it they all finished their food. I went to look for Alex. She was still in the bathroom. I placed my ear on the door. I heard her crying. She was constantly calling, sending voice messages.

"I miss you.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry".

Did I.... was it a mistake to... No Elliot. Get it together. I turned away.. Don't let this trick you..

'''

I finally got up. I felt like I was dying.. I tried getting up. My head ached. I washed my face, brushed my hair, and covered my eye bags and red eyes with concealer.

I was so tired...

I walked out of the bathroom. Emma walked up to me. "We're going out now, do you want to come?".

"I'm the only one who can speak Chinese".

"Oh...So no?".

I smiled. "I'll go".

"Cool. Wear something light".

"Yes ma'am". I smiled.