C h a p t e r Ω T h i r t e e n

Alex pulled out her credit card to the man. They talked in Chinese, then she turned to us. "We need someone who can sail a ship, other wise he is coming with us".

"Oh..", Emma mumbled. "Well, I guess one person wont hurt us as much.. Right?".

Alex didnt agree.. That one taxi driver almost killed them.

"Umm.. Okay".

~

We all stepped into the boat, and sailed off. The man said it would take at least an hour to get there. Alex sat on the edge, running her hand through the water.  Might as well take advantage of the quiet.

Five years ago

"What happened? Who was on the phone?".

"No one don't worry", Alex said.

"Are you sure?".

"Yea, yea I'm fine, Go on without me its fine!".

"Ok! See you!".

She waved to them. After they left, she covered her mouth and cried. Her only grandma is almost dying.. There is no one to drive  her there either. Her dad was in Germany for a business  trip, and her nanny is out with her boyfriend.

She was stuck in school for the next few hours.

"Hello?", Someone asked.

She wiped her tears quickly.

"Are you okay?", The boy asked. 

"Yea fine ".

"I heard crying, are you sure?".

Alex smiled faintly. "Mhm".

He didnt looked like he believed it. "Hey! i know something that'll cheer you up!".

"Im not sad".

"oh, come on". He grabbed the girl's hand, and pulled her up.

"Where are you going?".

"Wait...and.. here!".

It was a dandelion patch. The boy grinned and dropped himself into a criss - cross sitting position on them. He looked up at me. "Sit! I swear its comfy!".

"How old are you??".

"Twelve, now sit!".

"Your older than me, yet more childi-".

He pulled her down, and her head fell onto his lap. He laid his head down on the fluffy grass. "Look up". The boy smiled. "The clouds are so pretty. Aren't they?".

Alex nodded. "hmm.. They look like clouds".

"No, duh. Look closer. It looks like a sea horse, right?".

I chuckled. "sure it does..".

"Come on seriously , its fun!"

They spent half an hour looking, watching the clouds change and grow.

What felt like years, was only a small couple of minutes. We spent it holding each others hand. He suddenly asked her, "So.. what we're you crying about?".

She paused..

"I'm sorry! You don't have to answer-".

"My grandma is dying.... A-and I cant see her...". Her eyes teared up. He sat up and wiped them.