I woke up to sirens.Sydney was sitting on Jen's bed,crying.

Cops were bustling through the room.I was on a cot.

"Sir,do you know your name?"A nurse asked me.

"Tristan."

"Tristan..."The nurse hinted.

"Lockwood."

"Okay,good.You have a small bump on your head,and you were electrocuted,but,other than that,you're fine."The nurse explained.

Her grey blue eyes reminded me of Shelby.

"Do you want to try walking?"The nurse asked.

"Yeah."I said,sitting up.I felt the back of my head to find a rough surface instead of hair.

"We had to bandage your head because you were bleeding,"The nurse added.

I stood up and I could walk fine.Nothing wrong with me.The nurse shooed me away,and I sat next to Sydney.

"How could I have slept through it?"She sobbed.

"I woke up when the police got here,and I found you on the floor,bleeding.Jennifer...Jennifer was gone."She sobbed with every sentence.

I wrapped my arms around her and let tears roll down my cheeks.I kissed her on the head.

"It's all my fault,"she cried,"I could've helped."

I didn't know what to say.And then,guilt came upon me.

I tried to blink back tears,but failed."No,Syd.It was my fault.I should've been faster.She...she brought back...unpleasant memories.I was distracted,and I didn't act fast enough."

We sat there for awhile.We answered questions,and desribed what we saw.We talked about the good old days,when Jen was younger.

That relieved some of the pain.

As the police left,I had a horrible feeling.

I realized I might never see my daughter again.

And it was all my fault.