Police found my daughter locked in a cellar underground,unconscious, starving, and almost frozen.

Ten more minutes,and Jen would've died.

Kellie is still out there.I don't know why she suddenly abandoned Jen.

But,my daughter was back.

She was in the hospital for two weeks,with three broken bones,several bruises,and scars.She also had traces of drugs still inside her.

She was traumatized.She can't see a pair of pliers,or a barbie doll,without crying.

She also had no memory.Thankfully,it was only Post Traumatic Stress,and she remembered everything by the next day.

She was only thirteen.No thirteen year old should ever have to go through what she had to go through.

I still felt it was my fault.I turned down Kellie.I couldn't protect Jen.I couldn't protect Shelby.No matter how hard I tried to love someone,there was always pain.Always a bad memory.

Shelby died.That made loving Sydney harder.

I tortured Sydney.That was a dark time I ultimately regret.I wasn't well,and I was driven by Shelby's death.

And now...Jen will never look at me the same again.

All my fault.And Jen was in the hospital,warming up,casts on her shoulder,leg,and she had a back brace.Bandages around her fingertips, and band-aids everywhere.

I sat down on her bed.

"Hi Dad."Jen said.

"I'm sorry.I got there too late."

"You didn't do anything."Jen comforted.

"Yes I did."

"What do you mean?Was Kellie telling the truth?"Jen asked.

"Not the full truth.When I was around your age,about a year or two older,I had a bestfriend.Her name was Shelby.We became friends after I defended her from a bully that happened to be Kellie's boyfriend.A year afterwards,that boyfriend dumped her.See,at that time,I was stupid and had a crush on Kellie.I was being my brave self and trying ask her out,and she blamed being dumped all on me.And so,I spilled some secrets of hers.Afterwards,I fell for my bestfriend Shelby,and hard, too.Then, erm, Kellie...hit Shelby with her car for revenge."I explained,tears stinging my eyes.

"Oh."Jen said.

"She went to Juvie,but,about four years ago,Kellie started pestering me over text messages.She was urging me to cheat on your mom and be hers and blah blah blah.So,I turned her down.Then...I guess she was angry at me.And one night,I guess she spent too much time at a bar..."

"Dad,what if she comes back?"Jen asked.

"I won't let her,"I said,trying to hug Jen and not hurt her.

"Why did she blame it on me?"Jen asked.

"She was looking for someone to blame.Take out her anger on.She found something important to me,and tried to kill her."

Then I remembered something.

Sydney's next.

Oh God.This was a trap!She let go of Jen so I would be distracted,and she could kidnap Sydney!

"Look,Jen,I've gotta go.I'm sorry kiddo,I'll be back."

"It's okay Dad!"Jen shouted as I ran out of the room.

I called the police and told them my lead.They were near my house actually,so they would probably be there before I was.I doubted it.

I arrived at my house.The police weren't there,so,I was alone.I walked into Jen's room,where Kellie was standing over Sydney.

I prefer not to say what Kellie was muttering under her breath.She had a taser.

She had it jabbed into Sydney's side.She was threatening to turn it on.

"Kellie!"I shouted.

Kellie turned around.

"You want me,right?"

Kellie nodded.

"Come get me."I said.

Sydney watched in horror as Kellie slowly walked to my spot in the doorway.

She got close enough to slide her hands on my shoulders.She smiled.

I grabbed the taser and tased her.

"How does it feel?"I asked her.

Silence.

"Tristan..."Sydney whispered,out of breath.

I got her on her feet.

"Hey,hey.It's okay."I comforted her.

The police called,and they had an accident on their way to our house.The officers were okay,but they were sending more down to out house.

They arrived right before Kellie started to come to.

They arrested her,and this time,she would never get out of prison.

Our family was finally safe.