Luke?

"What?" I was absolutely shocked.

Ethan looked at me. "Uh, Pamela." He gestured me up and down.

A red aura had surrounded me. I felt myself feel more confident, somewhat headstrong. The rip in Ethan's jacket was fixed.

I found myself wearing a studded belt, a leather jacket of my own, and the combat boots I was wearing were repaired. Ethan's jacket laid at his feet, repaired and folded.

I felt dark eyeliner around my eys and my red hair curled and a golden circlet like a crown on my head.

I was wearing a red "rise against." T-shirt.

my shorts had rips in the hem and were a few inches shorter now.

I felt something heavy on my lips.

(Oh, my god, this better not be lipstick.) I thought.

I turned to Ethan.

"Am I wearing lipstick?"

He nodded.

"What color?"

(Please don't be pink, please don't be pink.)

"Red."

"Oh, my god. I look like some crazy-." I started but Ethan cut me off.

"Beautiful." He said. "You look beautiful."

I blushed. (Great, now my face matches my lips.) I thought sarcastically and turned to face the camp.

"Hail the daughter of the war god." Said Chiron.

I was lost for words. I really didn't know what to do.

"Uh, thanks." I said looking around.

"Everybody back to your cabins!" Yelled Mr. D.

I walked with Ethan back to the Hermes cabin.

I sat on my bunk and I started tearing up. I buried my face in my hands.

Ethan sat down next to me and put his arm around me.

"What's wrong, you've been claimed, that's great." He said smiling.

I sobbed into his shoulder,

"But I don't want to live with those guys, they make me sick." I said. "I want to be here with you."

I wiped my eyes and grabbed my compact mirror from my bag. "It's a good thing I'm crying, now I get to wipe off that stupid eyeliner.

I put my sleeve to my eyes and swiped it over my eyelashes.

"What the-huh?"

Ethan gave me a look. "Sorry about that Pamela, it's the blessing of Ares, it may not go away for a little while."

"Dammit." I said as I slung my hair back from my face and grabbed a brush.

I ran the brush through my hair. The curls just swung back into place.

"Crap!" I yelled as I fell back on my bunk and let my hair pool out behind me.

"Geez, you sound like Luke when he got the blessing of Hermes." Said Travis from across the cabin.

"Who's Luke?" I asked.

Connor punched Travis in the chest.

"Nobody."

Ethan had a weird look on his face.

"Who's Luke?" I asked again.

Travis came over to me.

"If she's here she might as well know the truth." He said. "Luke was the last counselor of the Hermes cabin."

"He had only met Hermes once, Hermes hadn't really done a lot for him." Connor cut in.

"His home life was kind of messed up." Said Connor.

"Last summer, he tried to bring the downfall of Olympus by trying to have the gods destroy themselves in an all out war." Said Travis.

"But we stopped him, and now the word is that he's sailing around on a cruise ship of monsters trying to recruit demigods for the uprising." He finished.

"Uprising?" I asked.

"Well, you know about the titans rights?" Asked Ethan.

"Yeah, of course."

"The Titan lord Kronos is being pieced together and they want him to lead the downfall of Olympus."

"From what Chiron told us, he has a pretty good legion so far." Said Connor.

"He sounds like a real asshole." I said.

"You got that right." Said Ethan.

"Psh, says the king of the assholes." Sneered Travis.

I stood up. "Hey, leave him alone you freak." I said.

"Ooh, now I'm scared." He shrugged and walked back to his bunk.

I laid down on my bunk and looked out the window.

"Don't you have to room in the Ares cabin?" Asked Ethan.

I crossed my arms. "Hell no, I'm staying in here tonight. You can help me move my stuff in the morning." I said.

He smiled. "Looking forward to it." I said.

I didn't really notice before, but I was so tired, I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.