Nemesis

"Nemesis?" I repeated. "The Goddess of Revenge.......that explains a lot."

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

Calypso stood up. "If you would like to continue this conversation in private, I can go make your beds."

"Yes please." I said.

"Thank you." Ethan added.

Calypso sauntered back to her house. Her cinnamon colored braid swung in step with her feet, and her long white dress billowed in the breeze.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I asked, dropping my spoon on the table.

"Nemesis is known for being cruel, unforgiving, even a bit unfair at times." Ethan shrugged.

"And you think that has anything to do with not telling me, why?"

"You seriously think anyone likes telling someone their mom is the Goddess of Revenge?"

"My dad is the God of War! Man up Nakamura!" I threw a roll of bread at him.

"Well, now you know."

"It's no big deal."

"Yeah but you're the only one that knows." He told me. "Not even Chiron knows about this."

My gaze softened. "That just makes it all the more special."

"Special, yeah right." Ethan muttered.

"I'm serious." I told him. "You know what, whatever," I snapped. "That has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on right now, so you know what? Forget it."

"Thanks." Ethan grinned a little.

"Don't count on it." I jokingly scoffed.

I returned to my bowl of stew as Calypso joined us.

"Calypso," I asked. "How do you get off Ogygia?"

"There is a raft at the north of the island." She took a bite of her stew.

"Ethan and I need to leave, it's very urgent that we return to our friends," I told her. "Could you take us to the raft?"

"It's not very difficult, you must follow the north winds and then you arrive, it is no trouble at all to get there."

"I'm feeling a bit tired so I think I'll get to sleep now, but the meal was fantastic. Thank you." Ethan stood up.

"I think I'll head inside too." I said. Ethan and I walked hand in hand back to the hut. As soon as we reached the doorway I pulled him aside and smacked him in the arm. "That was for not telling me about Nemesis!"

As Ethan started to protest I took the collar of his shirt and pressed my lips against his. His hands found my waist as my hands found the back of his neck. I pulled away slowly. "And that was for me being the first one to know."

Ethan smiled. As I walked over to the couch, he stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "Thanks," he said.

I looked over at him. "For what?"

"Everything," he grinned. "You know Pamela, I'd be dead if it weren't for you."

"Don't remind me." I kissed him quickly and plunked down on the couch. "You can have the bedroom. I'll crash here for tonight."

"You sure?"

"Positive." I wrapped my arms around Ethan. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too." He kissed me.

I lied down and closed my eyes. Everything was going to be okay.

At least I hoped it would