The raft

I was woken up by the sound of Ethan running around and getting our stuff together to leave. "Everything okay there?" My eyes were half open. He quickly walked over and kissed me on the cheek, then returned to packing. "Do you know where Calypso keeps a flashlight?"

"I have one in my bag," I told him. "Yeah I know," He said in a dismissive tone. "What does that mean?" I asked him.

Ethan walked in front of me and undid the screws on the battery compartment. Water spilled out of the rectangular hold. "Never mind," I told him. Another "sustainable" flashlight down the drain.

I got up and took my bag from him. Luckily all of my stuff didn't smell like salt water anymore. I went and changed into my flannel shirt, black t-shirt, jean shorts, and combat boots. My dagger hung at my side. I braided my hair and pulled it to the side as Ethan walked over to me holding a mango. "Breakfast?" He asked.

"Please." He tossed me the bright yellow fruit; I bit into it. The taste was sweet and somewhat tangy. "Thanks, wait.....what about you?" I asked. "I already ate," he answered.

I stood up and went to hand Ethan his backpack but I couldn't lift it. "What did you pack?" Ethan shrugged. "Everything." He answered and picked the pack up as if it weighed nothing.

"I don't see how you got your strength back that fast." I swung my bag over my left shoulder and walked with Ethan out of Calypso's hut. "I'm a quick healer." He grinned.

"Calypso said the raft was to the north of the island, so we just have to follow the winds north and we'll get there no problem." I looked at the vast beach that looked at if it stretched into tomorrow.

"We'll get there quicker if we cut through the jungle." Ethan started toward the dense tropical forest, but I stopped him.

"What if there are like wild animals or monsters or something?" I was getting a bit uneasy. Ethan raised an eyebrow. "You of all people are scared of monsters now?" He sauntered over, wrapped an arm around me and pulled me tight to his side. "If any monsters try to kill us I'll end them before they can take a step." His voice was reassuring, almost soothing.

"Alright." There was no way I was going through that jungle with out my knife. Especially not while carrying so much stuff with us.

Ethan sliced a pathway through lush plants and short trees with his dark sword. I hacked at vines and other nasty critters along the ground.

There were no monsters, but there were gigantic bugs, carnivorous plants, rushing rivers, and

I even saw a cave full of leopards. In a few hours time we had reached the other side of the island.

"Where's the raft?" I asked. "It has to be here." I looked around until I saw an opening in the small jungle river. A small raft made of bamboo with a crisp white sail sat on the edge of the beach not even three feet away from the rainforest.

"Think it'll hold?" I set my bag down, followed by Ethan plunking his huge backpack down next to it. We pushed it into the water. It seemed to float with no difficulty whatsoever.

"Magic," Ethan shrugged. "Must be," I added.

"Go ahead." Ethan gestured to the raft floating calmly. I sat down slowly, followed by Ethan as well.

"How do you work this thing?" I asked.

"I got it," Said Ethan. "Take us to Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson." He commanded.

The raft moved almost immediately after the last word escaped his lips. I leaned against Ethan and rested my head against his shoulder. "Tired?" He asked, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"A little," I answered. I laid a hand on his chest and nuzzled next to him as the raft struck the waves with a sudden jolt. A dense fog started to surround the small raft and started to cloud my vision. I couldn't see Ethan anymore, though he was sitting right next to me.

Before I knew what was happening I immediately fell into a dreamless sleep.