The New Camper (a Percy Jackson fanfiction)

"It's getting closer!" I yelled at Grover. I whipped my head around wildly. "Run, just to that gate!" He called back.

Beyond the tree line, I saw ancient ionic columns bearing writing. I couldn't quite read it. It was in some sort of weird language. (Stupid dyslexia!) I thought angrily. Then the words started to change instantly.

"Camp Half Blood?"

Grover ran into the gate."Come on, you're almost there!" He urged.I looked back to see the giants gaining on me. I leaped through the opening just as I felt an oversized hand grip my ankle. I kicked the giant in the nose, and It let go hastily

I landed on my back and tried to catch my breath. My heart was pounding out of my chest. My reddish brunette hair pooled around me and my blue eyes stared up at the sky.

Grover stood over me and lent me a hand. I took it and stood up. I brushed the dirt off my jeans and long, fuzzy green flannel shirt. My black combat boots were caked with mud. I flung my hair back from my face and adjusted my black headband.

I looked around, all I saw was a big pine tree surrounded by strawberry fields.

I started toward Grover angrily. This was what he dragged me across the country for?!

"You brought me all the way from Seattle to a big strawberry farm in the middle of nowhere!" I chased him up the hill, screaming at him every step of the way.

"Getting here was insane! And being almost killed by those stupid lastri- lastri- oh whatever those things were! That was....Aghhh!" I swung my fist at his head. He ducked and tried coaxing me to be quiet.

"Pamela, calm down."

"How can you say that after-!" I started but Grover clamped a hand over my mouth. "Follow me." He said. He grabbed my wrist and led me further up the hill.

"If there's nothing up here you're so dea-." I could not believe what I saw. This was insane. It was ridiculous. It was.......well.

There were people dressed in full battle armor fighting on rope bridges, climbing rock walls with lava rushing down them, there was one girl I saw with curly blond hair and a tan guy with black hair and green eyes fighting against a legion of soldiers. After the blond girl finished off the last guy, she kissed the black haired guy and he kissed her back.

Great, I knew where this was going. I would be the only girl at camp without a boyfriend.

Being seventeen, it didn't really help not having a boyfriend before.

Grover called to a guy who looked blurry in the distance, but when he came closer I noticed that he was- wait what?!

He was part horse.

I had to tilt my head all the way up just to see his face. He was a middle aged guy with brown hair, brown eyes and a beard.

"Pamela, this is Chiron." Said Grover. "Chiron, this is Pamela McShane."

"Hi." I was at a total loss for words (could you ever imagine why?)

"Hello." He said with a sort of accent.

I turned to Grover. "Why am I here?" I asked him.

"Pamela this may come as a suprise to you." He said. "But, welcome home."

"Seriously?" There were about a billion things I could have said instead.

Grover took the liberty of explaining, sort of. "You're a specific type, a specific breed. The offspring of two individuals. Half human and half-." I cut him off.