11:00am

Someone once told him that life is like a book. Just because one chapter is over doesn't mean the book is finished. It's just the start of a new chapter. The reason that stuck in his head after all of these years is because it's the dumbest thing he's ever heard. His book has plenty of pages and chapters, but what he's most concerned about right now is how the book is going to end. Phil doesn't consider himself a sappy guy, but lately, all he can think about are fairy-tale endings. But if he ever wants to page through the previous chapters of his life, he's apparently set.

Phil shakes his head and tries to regain his focus. He notices that the computer's screen saver now bounces gently around the screen. He wonders how long he has been sitting here and letting his mind wander. This had become increasingly frequent over the last few months and he didn't seem to be winning the battle this morning either. He had even made an effort to get up early and start on the growing number of videos piling up that had yet to be edited. A glance to the empty mug of tea on the desk reminds him that he had also planned to go downstairs for a refill about 30 minutes ago. He puts his hands behind his head, closes his eyes, and leans back in the office chair at a precarious angle.

The computer room is relatively distraction free when compared to the rest of the London apartment he and Dan share. The big black desk is long enough for them to sit side by side in their office chairs. A large monitor sits perfectly centered, while numerous electrical cords and wires are stretched and tangled behind it. Various laptops sit balanced on the corner and a collection of speakers, batteries, and gaming mice are all shoved backward out of view of the video camera. The large filtered lights they use for filming downstairs are stored away in the far corner of the room by the window. A folded black futon sits against the wall immediately behind the chairs. Phil's contribution to the room to counter Dan's need for the color black is the string of Christmas lights along the top of the futon and the bright colorful Katamari pillow. The room may be simple, but it's the location of almost everything they film. In case they ever needed a reminder of that, a huge wooden board with various stickers representing the long standing Dan vs Phil video series is leaning at an odd angle against the wall next to the futon.

The rustling sound of movements downstairs snap Phil out of his daydreaming. His bright blue eyes pop open and his arms windmill frantically to keep himself from falling out of the half reclined office chair. In his struggle to remain upright, he knocks his empty mug and one of the laptops off of the desk. Somehow the falling laptop manages to sweep a container of pens and a pile of papers down with it. The pens hit the floor and scatter across the room.

He groans when he hears Dan's footsteps approach the bottom of the staircase.