SEPERATED

COLSON

I clicked on the missed call from MJ's dad, and let it ring, I put it up to my ear I waited, my mind was buzzing. He wouldn't call me unless something was up. As the phone rang I became anxious, what could be so important?

"Hello?" I questioned once he answered the call,

"This is Colson right?" That was the first thing he asked, I grabbed water before answering back,

"Yeah" I confirmed and continued walking to the changing room.

"Oh, I was calling to talk to Marilyn, her phones going straight to voicemail, I didn't mean to call you that many times, my phone acts up a lot honestly," relief flooded my body when I realized there was nothing too serious going on.

"It's fine, but I'm not with her right now, she's in L.A," I replied,

"Oh, okay if you talk to her can you tell her to call me?"

"Wait, before you go were you by chance calling her old number?"I asked, she had just changed her number.

"Old number, she got a new phone? I haven't gotten a new number?" he finished, I let out a little chuckle before giving him her new number. MJ's father thanked me and we hung up.

"So I heard what happened with MJ, is it true?" Slim whispered as he sat next to me,

"I mean, all the signs are there, she forgot to pick up her prescription so we used protection, but I'm sure there were a couple of times before she was back on her pills that we didn't use condoms, since then she's been throwing up," I paused taking a sip of my water, "I started seeing changes in her body, good ones, but she's always tired and always peeing, plus she gained weight" I explained, Slim nodded his head understandingly,

"Well if she is, then congrats man, I hope you have a little boy" I laughed and dapped Slim up. "Everything going to be fine"

"Thanks, man, sure hope so."

MARILYN

I threw my feet up on the couch after filling the largest cup I could find with wine. God, if I wasn't my mother's child. I mean, shit I already get my looks from her why would I want her tendencies too?

I had nothing to do today but soak up my last few days of freedom before I had to get back to work tomorrow, first thing in the morning I have to meet up with my producer Arthur. We're going to go over some stuff and things.

I took a sip of my wine, which was actually grape juice in a wine glass, the man was this the lifestyle, I groaned involuntary as my phone began ringing cutting my pleasure shortly, I looked down to see my father calling, my face lit up.

"What's up Papa?" I answered promptly,

"How come you never gave me your new number?" He questioned, I cringed, why didn't I give it to him?

"It slipped my mind, I'm sorry" I paused "did you need something?"

"Yeah, I wanted to know if you were going to make it down here for your grandmother and I's a birthday party on June the 8th?" He asked sounding as though he was shuffling through papers, My dad and grandmother were born on the same day only decades apart and it still is crazy to me.

"Of course, I already cleared my schedule for that weekend and got the presents" I started trying not to give away any hints, I surprisingly didn't get their presents on short notice like I always do, I got them weeks in advance and cleared my schedule, lets me just say I spoiled them.