we're going down baby.

Mozzie and I walked into the beautiful party hall arm in arm. As soon as went opened the doors everyone stared knowing that Rocco and I were engaged. But they didn't know Mozzie was gay. Whispers could be heard around us as we walked to our table.

After we sat down is when Rocco came strolling in dressed in a sleek black suit.

"I'm gonna go and look for so guys. You know because mafia guys are usually stuck in the closet." I chuckled and told Mozzie I was heading to the bar anyway and I'd walk with him. As we walked I felt someone grabbed my arm. I whipped around to be met with Rocco's green eyes. "I'll leave you guys."

Mozzie walked away from us as soon as a slow dance song started playing. Rocco pulled me into his arms and we began dancing.

"Who's the guy with you?" Rocco asked through gritted teeth. I laughed and raised my eyebrows at Rocco.

"My guy friend, he's gay if that helps. Why? Is someone a little jealous?" I taunted poking his stomach.

"As a matter of fact yes, if we're engaged you're my girl and only my girl. And vice-versa." I nodded. "You know a few hours ago I was so mad at you then I realized why you said and I was still mad because the night it's like the night when we were in your room it seems like you didn't even listen to a word I was saying. Because if you had you would have known you're not just any girl to me." I didn't say anything because for once I didn't know what to say.

"I did hear you, I just wasn't thinking when I said that to you. But I'm not going to apologize because I still somewhat stand by what I said. I never expect much from anyone when I first meet them." Rocco scoffed and pulled away from me.

"It's really that hard for you huh? Just a simple 'I'm sorry' it's that hard?" Rocco put his hands up and walked away from me. I stood there because I wasn't about to chase after him. I simply walked to the bar where I knew Mozzie was.

"Looks like you didn't have much luck with all those 'mafia guys who are usually stuck in the closet' " I said through a chuckled, Mozzie rolled his eyes and narrowed his eyes at me then looked around.

"Looks like you didn't either, wheres the douche?" I grabbed Mozzie's drink and took a sip of it.

"He got mad that I wouldn't say sorry to him." Mozzie rolled his eyes again.

"If he really wants to be with you he needs to realize that you're not the easiest or nicest person and that you don't express yourself very well. Especially when you guys don't really know each other, you need to warm up to him first." I smiled at how well Mozzie knew me.

"Thanks, Moz." He threw an arm over my shoulders and pulled me in for a side hug.

"I'm bored, what should we do? Explore, this place is beautiful." I nodded and Mozzie and I walked out of the ballroom.

After going in about 10 rooms we came to the next Mozzie opened it quickly then shut it. He turned to me and his face when white. I chuckled and opened the door Mozzie tried to keep it closed.

"Moz what's in-" I stopped when I saw a guy and a girl on the bed making out. The room was quite lit up and I could tell that the guy was Rocco. Anger began to bubble inside of me.

"Real classy eh?" Rocco and the girl pulled apart. Rocco looked at me like I was a ghost. His eyes flashed with remorse as the girl smirked smugly. I ripped the engagement ring off my finger and whipped it at Rocco's head. He skillfully ducked out of the way and the ring landed on the bed.

I grabbed Mozzie's arm and dragged him away from the room.

"Wait, Alessandra!" I heard Rocco yell. I ignored it and Mozzie and I kept walking downstairs. On our way out I saw my parents with Rocco's. "Alessandra!" Our parents stopped and looked at us confused.

"Kids, what's going on?" My father asked coming over to me.

"The engagement is off I don't care I'm not marrying him or I'm running away." My dad crossed his arms in anger as he saw the girl Rocco was with clutching onto him.

"How about you guys take a break then we'll revisit this in about a week or so?" I scoffed and shook my head.

"No the engagement is off and I'm not marrying him. I gave him his stupid fucking ring back and now I'm leaving." Mozzie and I walked out of the function hall and got into our car. I got in the driver's seat. "We're going to my dad's warehouse then we're going to the airport." Mozzie didn't question me, I stepped on the gas and whipped out of the parking lot. We're leaving this godforsaken country.

xo anna