crossing the wrong person.

It had been a few days after I was able to leave the hospital and I've been spending them picking up the pieces of everything. Rocco and I had started to talk again and I wasn't totally shutting him out though I wasn't 100% trusting yet with him we were on better terms.

I figured that no matter what the wedding was happening and I could either be bitter and angry the whole time or try my best to make the best out of what I could in the situation. That doesn't mean I have to fall in love with the man or have any kind of Roccotic relationship with him that just means we could be friends.

At the moment I was sitting in bed trying to catch up on work from school and the mafia. My dad had told my school that I was severely sick and that's why I was out of school and they bought it.

"Whatcha doin' babe?" Mozzie asked coming in my room without knocking of course. He pulled back my covers and got in bed with me. It was never weird with Mozzie and I, we did like like the same gender of course.

"Oh you know, some good ole Shakespeare and finalizing some gun orders." Mozzie laughed at me knowing I was trying my best to multi-task between my two worlds and slightly failing.

"You were coherent when the doctor said to relax for the next couple of weeks? And between school and the mafia, you may start to stress about handling everything. I think you should let Rocco take over for the next couple of weeks while you heal so you can focus on school." I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Mozzie surprised at what he suggested.

"Weren't you the same person telling me to take over what's rightfully mine a few months ago?"

"Well that's before you got shot Alessandra, you seriously need to take it easy and not stress yourself out." I crossed my arms across my chest and closed my computer.

I was genuinely surprised hearing this come from my best friend who supposedly had my back and supported me through everything. I scouted away from Mozzie.

"Moz you should know better than anyone that I can handle stress and does it look like I'm even stressed out? I feel great and why do you want me to give it to Rocco of all people instead of back to my father?"

"U-um because you and Rocco will be married soon and he should get a feel for how it all works, you know how the southern runs things." Mozzie rushed plastering a fake smile on his face. I glared at him knowing something was up but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Our mafias run practically the same the only real difference is who we trade with. I think he'll be fine." Mozzie nodded while avoiding eye contact with me. "Moz, you know I hate when I'm talking to someone and they're looking everywhere else but at me. What's going on you're acting strange." Shaking his head furiously Mozzie began to go on about how nothing was wrong as he began to leave the room.

There was definitely something going on with Mozzie and I was going to figure it out. It was a strange gut feeling, but ever since I was shot Mozzie has been acting differently. And I'm not too sure if it's some type of guilt that making he act strangely. But it's definitely something, Mozzie has been so jumpy and paranoid he's hiding something for me and I can feel it.

Since the incident in my room with Mozzie, I had enlisted the help of one of my dad's private investigators to look into Mozzie. I was worried about him and something wasn't right.

It had been about two weeks since then and the private investigator had sent me a large envelope of everything that he had found. I opened and found birth certificates, fake ids, fake passports, alias. His real name wasn't even Mozinino, it was Killian Kilorov he's Ivank's brother.

There were pictures among pictures of Killian meeting Ivank, phone records that showed Mozz-Killian and Ivank having contact with each other. There were a couple the night Ivank kidnapped me and the day I woke up and got out.

That two-faced son of a bitch crossed me. I treated this man like family, I entrusted him with my deepest darkest secrets, he's been lying to me for over a decade. He knows everything about me.

I picked up my phone and tapped on the one person's name who I knew who could help in this situation.

"I don't even know what to think anymore, I don't know what was real or just part of his plan. No wonder why he wanted to hand the mafia over to you, so I would be more susceptible to attack. Ever since I started working here my security has been top-notch besides the night when I lied to them about what I was going to be doing the night I was kidnapped. And he was so excited when I suggested we'd go out." Rocco put his hand over mine and rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand trying to comfort me.

"He'll pay for what he did to you amore no one will ever get away with hurting you while I'm still breathing." I gave Rocco a slight smile and we continued to talk and come up with a plan to confront Mozzie/Killian and take him down.

We decided that I invite him to dinner at my house then confront him, with our people close of course ready for the signal. Mozzie/Killian wouldn't know what hit him. He was going to feel the same pain I'm feeling right now times 1000. No one crosses me and thinks that they'll get away scot-free. He really crossed the wrong person.

xo anna