Lego

I must have got myself back to bed or maybe I was dreaming or maybe Ed found me by the window because when I woke up I was in my bed, in my room, in my house. I could hear Ro out side in the hall so I climbed out of bed and walked out to find him.

I swung open the door letting in a tsunami of unexpected light.

The sun was shining for the first time in ages and the air was bright.

I saw Ronan at the top of the stairs, driving a small plastic car across the carpet.

I stepped forward but suddenly felt an enormous sharp pain in my foot, something so sharp I could have sworn I was going to need my left leg amputated.

I jumped back and cluched my injured foot with gritted teeth and I sqeezed my eyes shut.

"Ow!" I yelped, making Ronan laugh.

I couldnt believe it.

I had stepped on some lego.

How can a toy be so freakin painful.

Sometimes I get angry at people.. Sometimes I wish people would get hurt, now.. Now I just wish they woud be forced to walk on lego.

Thats all I ask.

"Ow!.. *Chuckling* Ro please pick up your stuff when your done okay?"

He looks at me with his big blue eyes and gives me a big cheeky grin.

"Okay" He chirps.

I try my best to hide the smile and head downstairs and planting a big slobbery kiss on his forehead.

I jump down the stairs and run straight into Charlie who was just heading out the doot for school, sending us both flying backwards.

He has an angry look on his face, but when he realises its me his expression softens into a smile and melts into my arms and hugs me tight.

"Sorry mate" I laugh "Didnt see you there"

" 'ts alright" he chuckles "I gotta go.."

He suddenly looks sad.

"Okay, well I see you later yeah?"

"Yeah, okay. Bye"

He hugged me again, smiled, and left.

If I had have known that was going to be the last time I saw Charlie, I would have taken it more seriously.