Upon his mind

I dreamed of dark rooms and narrow corridors.

Shadowed figures drift near making the hairs on the back of me neck stand straight.

I dont have a shadow, the lights are to dim. I do have a reflection though, because the floors are wet and the ghostly moonlight bounces back.

"Why dont you leave here?" A man asked. I couldnt see his face but his voice was familiar. "Leave here and dont come back.This is not the place for certain people."

I felt angered.

"What do you mean certain people? Thats very rude to classify me like that!"

I dont know why I was angry. It just happened.

"HELP ME! !"

The cry did not come from the man, but from my brother who was in the room next door. It was dark in the house and my feet made sticky noises as I sprinted across the wood floor to his room.

I burst in through the door with my heart in my mouth and sweat on my palms.

I was expecting to see him crying or flapping in some way paniced.

But instead he stood like a mummy in the middle of the room. With his arms by his side and his face expressionless.

A frail wimper escaped his lips when I reached him and he collapsed to the ground.

I caught him mid fall and we slumped together so he could catch his breath.

He blabbered endlessly about being strangled and him not being able to breathe and he asked me if this is what Ronan felt like.

"Make him stop hassling me" He cried into my shoulder "Tell him to quit it."

"What the hell Ed?! Whats your problem? Talk to me, please!"

He broke down again. And this time it wasnt the end of his bad dream.