The power of the pen

Eleanor Flyer. Edward Flyer. Ronan Flyer.

Sudden realisation and pain struck and I felt emtpy inside.

Ed came up with the idea that all three of us write Charlie a letter. Each a letter with our thoughts and feelings and prayers on.

Mine said:

Hey Charlie. Its quiet now with you not around. I love you baby. A lot of the time I feel empty, Eddy said that when I feel.alone I should pray for you, but to be honest that makes me feel worse. Because saying a prayer for someone you've lost only brings that fact to life.

I just want you to be happy and safe.

We recieved another letter from the War Office saying that Max can come home because its not safe or something so I guess thats good news. I know how much you were looking forward to seeing them.

They've been gone for almost a year and a half! Its insane when you think about it.

Im sorry I spent so much time at work and at uni and doing revision, your my lil' bro and I only get you once.. I guess I fucked up my chances.

I did, do and will always love you <3

Sweet Dreams Baby

- Eleanor xx

...............................................

Ed's letter was less soppy and more to the point.

It was shit when Oli, Max and Will left.

It was also shit when mum died. The fact that dad was the one responsible..

There are no words to describe my feelings mate.

I miss you. You're my brother, you always will be my brother.

Here, or not, we're family.

I was/am a crap brother. I barely spent any time with you. Yeah I mean we'd go running a couple of times a week.. but thats not exactly bonding..

I dont know what subject you chose at school.

I dont know the name of your football team.

I dont know who your bestfriends are.

I do love you though, and I know that you have stunning blue grey eyes just like mum.

I do know that you have a killer six pack.

I do know that we are and we always will be family. Forever, no matter where we are.

Sorry I've been such a rubbish brother.

You deserved so much better.

You have no idea how guilty I feel for letting you walk to school alone.

My soul aches.

Im sorry.

I really am.

..................................................

Ronan's message was sweet and meaningful.

I said:

Charlie you are my brother and we are friends. You helped me with my home work when I got stuck. I know I can trust you and I will always remember you Charlie.

Love from Ronan - Age six

:-)

......................................................

Edward said that we should fold up.our letters, tie them to balloons, climb on top.of the tree house roof and let them go on the wind.

I liked this idea.

I liked it a lot.