Chapter 11

"What?" my grandparents ask shocked and I sigh.

"Edward is my boyfriend." I say, taking Ed's hand in mine.

He smiles softly at me and squeezes my hand, making me a little calmer.

"No!" my grandma says sternly, "I don't accept that."

"I'm gay and I love him, you can't change that." I say.

"I can forbid you to meet him." she says.

"Yeah, but I won't listen." I say.

"You can't forbid my son anything, mom." my mom says, "It doesn't matter who he loves."

"It does! You will never have grandchildren, you know that, right?" my grandpa asks.

"I have four daughters, of course I'll have grandchildren." my mom says.

"I don't accept this." my grandparents say, shaking their heads.

"That's not my problem." I say and Ed puts his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him.

"We love each other. That's the only thing that should matter to you." Ed says.

"Nobody asked you." my granddad says.

"Stop treating him like he's not worth you!" I say, "Yes he has tattoos, yes he has piercings, no he's not a bad person. Actually he's the sweetest boy I ever met."

"That's just facade, they're all the same." my grandma says.

"Enough! Lou, you and Ed go upstairs, I'll talk with you later." my mom says and I nod.

I pull Edward upstairs and close the door. He pulls me into his arms and I hug him tightly.

"I'm so sorry." I say and he shakes his head.

"Don't be, I have to deal with things like that since I started with the tattoos and piercings." Ed says.

"But what they're doing isn't ok." I say.

He puts his index finger under my chin and makes me look up at him.

"I don't care." he whispers and kisses me softly.

"And I also don't care what they think about our relationship. I'm gonna hold your hand in front of them, I'm gonna hold you close in front of them and I'm gonna kiss you in front of them no matter what they say." Ed says and I smile.

"Me too." I say, moving my fingers through his messy curls.

"Stop, it already looks weird anyway right now." Edward says smiling and I shake my head.

"It's perfect. Like, you without make up." I say smiling and he chuckles.

"Do you have a beanie?" he asks.

"Yeah but I won't give it to you because I don't want you to hide your curls." I say and he picks me up at my waist, throwing me on the bed and sitting on top of me.

"What are you-" I start and he cuts me off by tickling me.

"E-Ed! S-Stop p-please!" I laugh, not able to move because he's on top of me.

"Will you give me a beanie?" he asks.

"N-never!" I laugh.

"Then I won't stop." he smirks.

"O-Oh god! S-stop! I-I can't b-breath!" I laugh, breathing hard.

"Say it with me 'You can have a beanie.'" he says and I shake my head, trying to stop his hands, only causing him to tickle me harder.