8

THINGS HAD been relatively quite in the small town of Riverdale for a while, much to Amelia's delight

She sat on the floor of Archie's room and texted Melody as Archie and Jughead played video games.

"You guys should really head to bed," Amelia said.

"You really are acting like a mom Amelia" Jughead said not looking up.

"Shut up," Amelia said rolling on her back from her stomach.

"Okay you gotta stop blowing me up," Jughead said to Archie.

"You're going the wrong way," Archie said back.

"What are you wait-" the game ended Amelia looked up.

"You guys suck at this," she said Archie threw a pillow at her.

"He's the one who keeps accidentally killing me!" Jughead said.

"War is hell, Jug"

"No, Archie, hell is other people."

"God you're both so dramatic," Amelia said.

There was a knock on the door and Fred Andrews entered.

"Hey, guys getting pretty late..."

"Just what I said," Amelia muttered.

"Woah it's kinda ripe in here open a window,"

"Dad that's the beautiful fresh smell of puberty," Amelia said inhaling.

"You settling in, Jug?"

"Oh, completely. It's like Archie and I are just roommates in a college dorm, and Amelia is the girl who never leaves." Jughead said Amelia laughed.

"Oh, great. What does that make me, the RA?"

"No, you're the third roommate," Archie said.

"Alright guys I have a big day tomorrow," Amelia nodded first day of work.

"Yeah, breaking ground on the SoDale project, right?" Archie asked.

"Yeah. Indeed, we are." Fred looked at Jughead "sorry, 'cause I know it's kind of a sore spot it with you , Jughead, about the drive in," he said.

"As long as you build something beautiful in its place," Jughead said.

"Well, I don't know about beautiful, but it's gonna be big."

"Night guys, come on Amelia you need to go to bed too." Amelia got up and walked out of the room.

"You might want to unplug their TV I wouldn't trust them," Amelia said to her dad as she walked away.