10

AMELIA NEEDED order and precision

AMELIA NEEDED order and precision. She was pretty sure if she didn't have them she would go crazy. Amelia was on the phone with Valerie they talked about random things. Amelia made sure not to mention Archie. Amelia heard the door downstairs open and close she looked at her door.

"Hey uh Val? I gotta call you back."

"Okay," Valerie hanged up the phone.

Amelia walked downstairs and opened the door she saw Archie and her dad.

"Good I was just about to call you," Fred said. Amelia sat next to him.

"I'm going to Chicago to visit your mother. We're finalizing the divorce." Fred said.

"The good news is that all these divorce papers and legal mumbo jumbo will be done. Should be behind us by the end of the week."

"Are you only going to see mom now because of you and Hermione Lodge..." Archie asked.

"No. No, I ended that."

'Thank god' Amelia thought.

"Being together, working together, not a good idea."

"In that case then, why finalize things in such a final way now?" Archie asked.

"Sometimes, son, you just gotta rip the Band-Aid off." Fred grabbed his suit case and got up.

"Or you can try and fix things." Archie said.

"Or not!" Amelia said Archie looked at her.

"Whatever you and mom decide, Archie and I will support it." Amelia said nodding.

"But I spoke to mom last week she didn't mention any of this," Archie said getting up.

"Your mom moved out two years ago Archie. She didn't tell you because she wanted me to be the bearer of bad news."

"What if me and Amelia came with you?" Archie called as Fred walked down the steps.

'Um hell no.'

"This is between me and your mom. I'll check in." Fred said leaving. Amelia pinched Archies arm.

"What was that for?" Archie asked.

"Stop making him sad, you ass," Amelia said walking back inside.

"I think you should pull a Taylor Swift and write an angry break up song," Amelia said walking besides Valerie.

"Pass I'm not gonna shame your brother. It's kinda alarming how you even want me too," Valerie said back she stopped at her locker Amelia leaned besides her locker and huffed.

Reggie walked past they smiled at each other for a brief moment.

"What was that?" Valerie asked smirking.