11

HOMECOMING WAS AN event Amelia didn't think about since the death of Jason Blossom

HOMECOMING WAS AN event Amelia didn't think about since the death of Jason Blossom. Amelia had even forgot that Homecoming was happening until she saw a poster for it in the hallways. Amelia sat next to Archie their mom sitting across from them.

"The reason why I came-"

"You came because of the divorce. Because I called dad." Archie said regretfully.

"You know, I thought Riverdale would be better for you-the both of than Chicago. It would be safer..."

"It's okay, Mom. I'm okay."

"Yeah I'm... okay nonetheless," Amelia said sipping her green tea.

"I mean it hasn't been all bad- Amelia had a job, we have new friends, and also-"

"You've been singing," Mary said smiling.

"He's amazing mom, you have to hear some of his songs," Amelia beamed.

"You're dad tells me that you're great."

Archie chuckled.

"I hope you okay me some songs before I go."

"Yeah for sure. I'm playing at the dance. So, if you want to see me play live..." Archie said.

Their mom nodded.

"So this dance either of you have dates?" Mary sipped her coffee. Archie shook his head.

"What about you Amelia? Any dark horses in the running."

"No I don't... well I have someone in mind... but I don't know if they'll ask me," Amelia said tracing the handle of her mug.

"Oh I'm sure they will honey. I'm sure they will."

Amelia leaned against the locker.

"You going to Homecoming?" Josie asked. Valerie stood besides Josie. Melody got things from her locker.

"If someone asks me yeah," Amelia said.

"'Someone' or Reggie?" Valerie asked. Melody smiled.

"Someone." Amelia answered.

"Plus Archie's gonna be singing so I basically am forcing myself to go. Also ya know. Free food." Amelia added.

"Hm," Josie responded.

"If no one asks you then you could just roll with us," Melody said.

"Noted," Amelia said back.

Amelia's phone buzzed she looked to see Betty's texted her.