July 5

Allen

Rita

~!~

*at Rita's flat*

Allen lays on the couch in his pajamas, still sleeping and snoring like a child. Rita comes in wearing a big tee shirt and shorts, yawning as she goes across the living room to the kitchen, preparing to make coffee. Once she sees Allen on the couch, her steps quiet down, and she tip toes to the kitchen.

It's 10 AM, and Allen hears the sound of a coffee machine. He's distressed. What in the world?! I didn't turn the coffee on! Then, he suddenly feels the cloth of the blanket on top of him, and the cloth of the couch under him. This isn't my bed either... What in the world? He hears light footsteps, and the smell of coffee becomes stronger. The footsteps become closer, and he doesn't know if this is his dream, a nightmare, or real life. 

Rita walks close to the couch, and sits on the coffee table in front of it. She holds two cups of coffee in her hands, but soon places them on the table next to her. She moves off the table, and hovers over Allen's sleeping body. Suddenly, she attacks by tickling him, but it doesn't go as planned. 

Allen grabs Rita's hands, and without thinking, grabs her, and flips them over so that he's hovering over her. He didn't even see who it was, acting on instinct. He hovers over her, and finally takes a good look at her, shocked. 

"I-I-I-I'm so-"

Rita held onto him, scared that she may fall off the slim couch if she didn't hold him.

She lets go.

"What just happened?"

"I'm sorry."

He sits up, moving so that they could both sit on the couch.

"I'm sorry," he repeats.

"It's-it's okay."

"Look, I acted on instinct. I'm sorry, Rita. I-I- Did I hurt you?"

"No."

"Okay. I'm still sorry, I didn't think."

Rita moves to hug him, seeing he's clearly ashamed.

"I'm sorry I sneaked up on you like that."

"It's fine..."

"No, I just wanted to surprise you with coffee, and wake you up."
Rita
gestures to the coffee on the table.

"No, don't be sorry about that, it's just that... it's been kind of tough on me before. It just came in like that, I'm so so sorry."

"Shhh... Stop apologizing."

Rita continues hugging him, and comforting him, while he holds her.

"..."

"..."

"You probably think less of me, don't you?"

"No... I understand."

Rita lets go.

"We should probably drink this before it gets cold."

"Yeah. You want me to cook something for you? It's the least I can do after what I did."

"Okay..."

Allen smiles.

"Yay."

"LOL"

"You know, for our friendship, we seem a lot like a couple."

"We're weird, right?"

"Yeah."

"So what's the problem with our friendship being a bit too weird? Do you not... like our friendship?"

"NO! I love it. It's one of the best friendships I've had in a long time."

"Okay..."

"Don't doubt me please."

"I won't."

He goes and hugs her, holding her tight.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now let's go before you're late and before I quit doing any work."