July 6

Allen

Rita

Boss

~!~

"Well, hello there, Marguerite." 

"Hey, Allen."

"..."

"..."

"You know what the FUN-damental rules of making Italian ice are?"

"What...? Also, did you seriously make that one?"

"Yup, and the first one is that you have to be ITALIANO!"

"Did you do that to make PUN of Italians because that was Sicily, and offensive."

"But I'm Italian..."

"Really, now?"

"Si bambola."

"Uhm... okay, what was the bambola?"

"Hm?"

"I know 'si' means a lot, but what does bambola mean?"

"It's nothing."

"Okay..." She nods.

"Yeah..."

"So...? Do you want to forget about that moment? Or make it like something else?"

"Which moment?"

"Yesterday... Couch..."

"Uh..

"ALLEN, UNLESS YOU'RE GETTING HER ORDER, HER NUMBER, OR TRYING TO PROMOTE THIS PLACE, JUST WORK!"

"He's lucky that you're only here, heh."

"I guess." She chuckles.

"So, what would you like to have?"

"I'll have small frozen custard, actually. You know, for a change." She smiles.

"Well, then, what flavor?"

"VANILLA VA-NA-NA FANNA FO-FI-NILLA."

"What in the world?"

"THE NAME GAME, AL!"

"OH! That's not how you do it."

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO DO IT, I WILL DO IT HOWEVER I WANT TO! WE'RE IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY IN AMERICA! A MAN, WOMAN, WHATEVER YOU IDENTIFY AS,  IS ABLE TO DO WHATEVER HE OR SHE PLEASES AS LONG AS IT KEEPS THE PEACE! AS LONG AS I'M NOT HURTING, INSULTING, ASSAULTING, TOUCHING, BOTHERING, OFFENDING OR WHATEVER, DOING SOMETHING HARMFUL TO ANYONE, I AM ABLE TO BE ME! SO DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO DO THE NAME GAME, OKAY?!"

"But you're hurting my poor ears and brain from hurting the Name Game and yelling for no reason."

"Oops... Also, no I am not hurting the Name Game."

"I thought you were going to say something contradicting to what you said in your speech, which was beautiful, really..."
*claps*
"It deserves an award."

"Thank you, thank you!"
*bows*

"Oh, look, customers."

"I'm standing right here, Allen."

"Oh, hi Rita."

"DON'T ACT LIKE I DON'T HEAR YOU ALLEN AND WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS, GIRL. I LIKED YOU SPEECH, TOO, BUT IT'S NOT THE TIME OR PLACE.. UNLESS YOU WANNA GET FIRED ALLEN."

"Yes, boss. Anyways, here's your vanilla custard. It's going to be... $5.78."

"Thanks Allen! Bye!"

Rita pays him, and walks out the door.

"Woah..."