Chapter Five

DOMINIC

I don't exactly understand what's floating inside Yhannie's mind at all.

All this time, I thought she hated Valentine like I did, but I was just shocked and confused that she's already going out with him. The saddest part of that is her decision to leave us for him. I didn't know Yhannie was capable of that, leaving her friends for a guy.

I feel like I'm a terrible friend because I don't know her at all. She's unpredictable.

A few weeks had already passed slow and mind-numbing, like a very long instrumental song or like when a Hillary Duff song starts playing from the radio or like when you begin to notice that the commercial advertisements were taking too long. And that was since the day Yhannie and Valentine started going out. Everything felt bland and vapid.

I tried calling her these past few days, but clearly, she's avoiding us.

We thought Yhannie know what's best for her like what how she left her last circle of friends because she knows they're all plastics and backstabbers and that she was aware of Valentine being a playboy, like how we talked about him and that she hated him and everything, but I see that she set everything aside.

What is she thinking?

Though, it's really surprising that they lasted for weeks now. Usually, Valentine's fling with girls only lasts for three to four days, no one got as far as Yhannie did, but that doesn't mean, not even close to Valentine's idea of being serious to her.

"Do you think she's really in love with him?" Ivan asked, staring dead in the eye at the image of Yhannie and Valentine feeding each other from their spot as they giggled and caressed each other's cheeks. I don't know, but the more my eyes see them doing all of those sweet couple things, the more I'm getting mad at Yhannie.

"She's infatuated" Playing the make-believe spaghetti with white sauce, I heaved lazily. I admit to the fact that I never fell in love with someone else before, so I don't exactly know the feeling of being in love. I had some hookups before, few of them were from Grindr, and gay people on Grindr don't kiss and tell, so technically my secret's safe with them, but in the aperture of honesty, no one got my attention enough to make me fall in love for them.

"Fuck her!!" Zach and his raspy voice butted in, and I can sense his anger and frustration smoking. I can't blame him for that. He's a man, and he knows how exactly how they play. "I think we should change her name into Judas."

"What the hell is wrong with you" Suddenly, without thinking, I stood up on my feet and scowled at him. "She's still our friend, she's just.....she's just...."

"She's just being a bitch" I heard Ivan finished what I was supposed to say. I was right all along after what Yhannie did, we're all mad at her, and we all want to yell at her stupidity, but she's still our friend, my friend, and even if I'm mad at her I can't always say bad things about her because I know how good of a person she is.

"Okay fine. I do understand that you both are mad at her, and yes, I'm mad at her too for what she did, but that's not a valid license for you to say bad things about her!!!" My voice went almost in a swift yell to a fierce outcry. I can sense several eyes pinning in our direction, even Yhannie, and Valentine.

I don't want to create a scene in here even if I believe I already created one, yet I don't want things to go even more profound than it already was so I grabbed my sling bag, and the bottle of water then went outside into the football field where I settled myself in solitary. I'm not expecting anyone to follow me, not even Yhannie. They all know that I deal with my shits better when I'm calm, and to be calm I need some time alone.