Chapter 9

Wendy's POV
After what seemed like hours of running, we arrived in a dense dark forest. I saw Romeo pass and jumped back scared that he saw me and would ruin our cover and we would just end up back in the basement again.
Then darkness overtook me and before I knew it I was in the clouds with Grandina again.
"My child, the princess of the skies and the air heir to the throne of clouds, may I ask what you are doing in my realm inside of your own body. The only way that you could be here with my powers and dragon form is that you got taken over by the darkness of the dragon mating season. My child, you must fight and free yourself or die here alone"
And with that she was gone, she vanished infant of my eyes, she became the clouds. I collapsed tears streaming down my face, my mother was inside of me all of this time. Then I decided to fight, fight for her, fight for my mother...
Then the battle began. The ground became hard, the grass died and the dry cracked surface of the Earth disappeared. The sky became red with anger and the white clouds turned grey. Then from the darkness emerged a girl, just like me, identical to me.... but she had glowing red eyes.
She then opened her mouth,
"Wendy I don't want to fight you, I will let you free but you have 8 days to mark and well 'do it' with your soul mate Romeo before I take over completely and trust me that will be hell for Romeo and you. Now go free my twin and may the odds be in your favour for your sake and Romeo's"
I awoke lying in the trees,

Natsu: "I'm telling you she needs a warm cloth on her head"
Grey: "No a cold cloth"
Natsu: "warm"
Grey: "cold"
Gajeel: "no neither warm or cold, she needs a good old iron cloth"
Natsu: "no warm"
Grey: "Definitely not she needs cold"
Wendy: "shut your mouths! I don't need any cloth, I'm fine. But Natsu was right I needed a warm cloth"
Natsu: "Haha I told you so"
Grey: "Shut your mouth pyro"
My head was throbbing, then I thought of a plan
Wendy: "Hey guys we should build cabins so that when we take our mates we can be with them in peace"
Natsu: "Yeah whatever you say, wait what are we building them out of"
Grey: "Well whatever we find idiot"
Laxus: "Make sure to build it in a straight line from your mates house"
Natsu: "Okay then, let's go"
Grey; "Who's building here"
Laxus: "Nobody as this is in the driveway, now wait until darkness falls to check which house is your mates. We can't risk being caught by anyone, even those we love"
Gajeel: "Okay how long then"
Laxus: "An hour or two at most"

I sighed as I sat down thinking of plans for my cabin. I had some ideas but none that stood out when I thought about the sky, I believed that Romeo's house was opposite the dormant volcano/mountain and I loved the air so a treehouse on the hill would be fine.

Natus: "Wendy, Wendy, WENDY"
Grey: "Keep it down idiot, you'll get us caught"
Natsu: "She's awake"
Gajeel: "Shubiday shoubidodar"
Grey: "Gajeel shut up you metalhead"
Laxus: "For god's sake it's time to move"
Natsu: "God Laxus, you can't tell me what to do"
Laxus: "I can and I just did"
Wendy: "All of you shut up, let's go"

And with my outburst we were running through the trees, putting our trust in our powers and Natsu's nose to find the houses.
When we first saw them, we were stunned. They were perfect, identical but with our eyes, we could see that each one was made to perfection for the host/hostess. Then I saw Romeo looking out of the window, with my ears being more sensitive than usual I heard him mutter
"Wendy, wherever you are out there in the world. I just hope your safe and I want to say I love you more than you could ever know. Dragon mating season or not if I saw you right now I'd run away with you to the mountains and build a treehouse"
With that speech I ran out into the road and threw a rock at his window, it opened
"Wendy"
"Romeo"
"You came for me"
"Of course now come down and run, run away with me"
"I'd say yes any day, for you Wendy"
"If you Jim I'll catch you"
"Okay I trust you, here I go"
With that he jumped out of the window, I ran and caught him turning to the mountains, I ran carrying him bridal style to begin something special.

Greys POV
Laxus: "well that was eventful, wonder if outs will go that smoothly. Or many not..."
Grey: "Why do you say that?"
Erza: "Heh boys, I've been looking for you"
Natsu: "ERZA RUN FOR YOUR LIVES"
We all screamed and ran (Natsu and Grey start running in circles around Laxus who is standing still) apart from Laxus, he just stood with his mouth open no sound coming out. Then his voice broke, we all laughed and even Ezra cracked a smile.
Erza: "Go and I'll find you later, maybe tomorrow of your lucky"
And with that she was gone, vanishing into the darkness
Grey: "Why is it always us?"