xxv [R]

Jungkook

The wind laps against my body like how the sea engulfs the sand on a stormy day, blowing and howling in my ears. My skin prickles with cold and yet I don't move a muscle. The wall behind me digs into my back like tiny daggers, uneven bricks tormenting me with their odd positions. Water seeps into my jeans as I sit in a freezing puddle on the stone ground. I shove my fingers into the pockets of my jacket in an attempt to keep them warm, protecting them from the harsh conditions. My hair falls into my face, being carried and tousled by the wind. And yet I still do not move.

Why?

Because Taehyung told me to stay.

Taehyung

"Dad"

"Hello son, how have you been? I'm sorry I haven't seen much of you recently, I've just been so busy with work" he replies as if this is a completely normal conversation. He smirks and shoves my shoulder.

"What do you want with Jungkook? TELL ME" I shout, my voice gravely and dry. My throat stings but I ignore it, punching my father's leg pathetically.

"You call that a punch? I thought I brought you up better than that" he grins like a psychopath, chuckling. My hands ball up into fists and my jaw clenches.

"Answer my fucking question"

He raises an eyebrow and shrugs, leaning against the wall casually. He pulls out a lighter and a box of cigarettes, pulling out a single one and throwing the empty box at me. It hits my arm and then lands in the puddle beside my crouching position, seeping with water and growing soggy.

"I have a question of my own. Why the fuck are you dating that boy?"

"Why not? I love him, dad. What's wrong with that?" I answer without hesitating. I notice a slight flinch but he soon returns to normal.

"Everything is wrong with it. Do you know how much your mother went on about that fucking ex of hers? I finally got her to shut up about it and now you come home with his son! She's back to her old ways and shows me no affection. Not to mention the fact that you dating him will do shit all to the family business. What's wrong with Yeona? Can't you make some right bloody decisions for once" he yells before lighting the cigarette, balancing it between his dry white lips. Every inch of me wants to lunge forward and beat the crap out of him, but the painful aches that resonate throughout my body tells me otherwise.

"Maybe if you treated me like a human being and not a way to get money I would respect you more!" I shout angrily. His eyes flash a deathly black, jaw tightening and expression darkening.

"Don't talk to your father like that! I raised you--"

"Just shut up you asshole!" I screech at the top of my lungs, chest burning and breath running shallow. I hit the wall with a fist and scream, gripping onto the locks of my hair with my other hand. As I look up, I notice a smug smirk surrounding the cigarette in his mouth, still burning a flare of red.

My eyes dart around the surroundings until they land on a long beam of metal within reaching distance. Perfect. However, his gaze watches my every move like a hawk spying on its prey, getting ready to lunge forward and rip it to pieces.

My mind begins to work and put ideas together, attempting to come up with a plan. Anything is risky but I have to get away from him and quickly. After a moment of hesitation, I shout.

"Police!" I point behind him to the opening of the alleyway, eyes wide. He spins around to look and I take this moment of distraction to my advantage. Using all of my strength, I slide towards the piece of rusty industrial metal and clasp it in my hands, getting up onto my feet and swinging it forward.