⇛ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

a blur of black and red sped across the beautiful gardens behind a villa located in kouka kingdom. the blur of a girl came to a stop, admiring the gardens beauty. as she did so, she caught a glimpse of a small flower unlike all the others. she bent down and picked up the blooming white rose and carefully placed it in a flower pot she had designed.

she picked up a bucket of water and stared into it. her long black hair was tied into a neat ponytail. the water she was staring at almost sucked her in and she found herself staring back at her own golden eyes.

she had never thought about her eyes being strange and unique. she hadn't see anyone else with the same colour eyes as her. the villagers would always talk about how amazing they were and although she appreciated it, she'd shrug off questions like: "did your mother have golden eyes?", "why do you have golden eyes?", "does anyone else in your family have eyes like yours?".

she didn't know.

sighing, she placed the bucket back down and turned around, heading towards the villa. on her way, she paused as she caught sight of a boy running in her direction. his jet black hair shining under the sun and green eyes sparkling.

"hey akito. everything alright?" she aske as he came to a stop in front of her.

"uh... oh hey, kaho. i have a letter from the palace." he hesitantly handed her a letter that had green and yellow patterns indicating that it was personally made and of high importance. she carefully turned it over and read the name. it was from soo-won, her dear cousin that she hadn't seen in such a long time.

"thanks. i'll see you later." she said, making her way inside the villa. she sat on one of the chairs by a table and opened the letter, reading in a quiet voice.

dear kaho,

i'm very sorry that this letter took a while to get to you. i hope you'll be returning soon, because there is something urgent i must tell you. i feel as though it's more appropriate to tell you in person.

it's concerning your sister and father. please do return home soon so i can tell you more.

— soo-won

after finishing the letter, kaho quickly began to search for akito. she knew something had to be wrong if her cousin sent her a letter and not yona or her father.

she ran as fast as she could to the stables and spotted akito standing next to a horse, gently stroking its fluffy mane.

"akito! i need help please!"

"kaho, what's wrong?" he asked, slightly startled as she rushed to his side, holding the open letter.

"please, can i borrow one of the horses? i need to get back to the castle tonight."

"okay. i'll get midnight ready, but i'll be coming with you just in case." he said as he grabbed her favourite horse. "i'll pull you up." he insisted, holding out his hand after he climbed on.

she grabbed his hand and he swiftly pulled her up onto the horse. they immediately set off on the journey back to the palace.

kaho looked back at the big villa she was staying at for the last few years as she trained. the king wouldn't allow her to go at first but she eventually got him to let her because she brought up scenarios in which yona would need help. kaho would be able to protect her.

he only ever cared about yona, he didn't want her to go because he thought other 'important' people would find out about her.

"look, kaho, we are nearly there."