⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟎

"is she still not awake?" a voice whispered, softly.

"no. the others are all up but not her." yun told yona. they were sat next to the four dragons and kaho by some trees.

"what happened to her? why is she unconscious?" kija asked, tilting his head to the side to take a look at her but his body was still paralysed so it was difficult.

"ah, right." yun mumbled. "we assume kaho is in a way connected to the story of the four dragons."

"what do you mean?" jae-ha asked.

"when you all used your power and emotions to protect yona, you weren't the only ones. kaho did too. she embraced yona and it created some powerful force around them, like a shield. gobi said something. the on..may..."

"the onmyōdō stones." a voice interrupted.

"kaho!" yun exclaimed, seeing her eyes wide open.

"hi, yun." a small smile appeared on her lips and then faded. "it's all true. there's another part to the story of king hiryuu."

"we're glad to see you're awake, kaho dear, but maybe rest more before you explain everything." jae-ha suggested.

"no. i've done enough resting." she insisted. "you should all know i've been keeping things from you. i'm so sorry."

"we understand. tell us at your own speed. we'll listen." yona held onto her hand, reassuring her.

"the... these stones." kaho tried to point to the necklaces on her neck but failed. "they belonged to my parents but before that it belonged to king hiryuu."

"king hiryuu?"

"in the story there were some parts left out. king hiryuu always wore these necklaces but he didn't use the powers for many reasons. they possess good and evil, with different abilities. after he passed, the necklaces found new owners until one day they reached my parents and then me."

"what do the necklaces do?" kija asked.

"it's not the necklaces themselves, but the stones. the silver one can gives me the abilities to shield others with forces and i can take pain from others. i still haven't mastered it yet but..."

"that's what you were doing back when we were locked up. you were trying to take the pain from them." yun said.

"you tried to take our pain away. aw kaho dear, that's so sweet."

"shut up." she said, jokingly. "anyway, continuing on... while the silver stone was good, the purple one... is the opposite. its driven by my anger. it has evil forces made to harm others and can make people around me crazy."

"what do you mean crazy? is it like shin-ah's power?" kija questioned.

"not in that way. it can make people turn against me."

"is it possible that the reason we..."

"forget me is because of this?" she finished yun's sentence. he looked sort of upset that she knew about how they'd forget her. "yeah, i know about that. but the evil stone isn't actually the reason for it. it's the good one. in a way it was meant to protect me so i'd go unnoticed by most people but it isn't really going the way it should."

"zeno, did you know about this?" kija asked the boy who had been quiet the whole time.

"yeah, zeno did. king hiryuu asked zeno to protect the stones and make sure they find their owners without harm." he replied.

"you knew and didn't tell me?"

"if zeno had told you, you may not have ended up here right now. your path would have been very different. everything happens for a reason." zeno told her, with a small grin. his head moved from his pillow and he looked surprised as he got up from where he was laying. "i'm all better!"