⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟏

kaho let out a pained groan, cradling her head with her legs curled by her stomach. after feeling much better, her health suddenly deteriorated and a painful headache hit her and the dragons, excluding zeno.

"my head hurts." she whined, wanting the pain to stop. she found it strange how she had gotten ill but not hak, yona or yun as well. yun was hugged by kija so he could've caught whatever illness that was.

"don't talk. it's making my head ring more." jae-ha said, also cradling his head.

"we can't help it if it hurts." kija replied.

"are you all feeling well?" zeno stepped into the room, beaming.

"zeno, be quiet." kaho said, flinching at his loud voice.

"a tent full of sick men without even a cute girl to visit. this right here is hell on earth." jae-ha let out a cough after speaking.

"jae-ha, i'm not a man." kaho rolled over so that she was facing zeno. she could see kija's pained face as the headache wouldn't go away.

"i'm sorry dear i forgot you were here. you are a cute girl but you're ill yourself. if you weren't, i'd ask you to feed me and take care of me."

"i wouldn't do that anyway." she told him.

"then zeno will come dressed as a girl so you'll feel better."

"yes, please." kaho said.

"no, thank you." jae-ha grumbled.

"we're nothing but shameful dragons like this." kija wallowed.

"it's because you're far away from hiryuu castle." zeno told them.

"what? the four dragons get sick when they're away from hiryuu castle?"

"no, no. however, hiryuu castle is a place where the divine protection of the dragon gods is strong."

"then why am i ill?" kaho interrupted, her face was scrunched as a pain struck her head again.

"you all still got some sickness so it's normal for you to be like this, kaho. but for the dragons, when they're away from hiryuu castle they don't do so well and their resistance to illness becomes weak like a child." zeno explained.

"so i'm weak like a child? my immune system must be so bad." kaho spoke then let out a pained sound and her eyes squeezed shut. "i-i cant."

she felt a soft hand on her forehead. although  she didn't have the strength to open her eyes, she knew it was kija because he was beside her, talking to the others. the pain in her head disappeared for a moment but reappeared the minute he moved his hand when zeno pushed him to lay down again.

"just go to sleep already."

"zeno... you feel nostalgic for some reason."

"what, like a mommy?"

kaho let out a small giggle.

"not like that!"

"relax, there, there. call zeno if there's anything you need! i'll come flying." he patted kija's head, his usual grin on his face.

"what are... you still have ways to go as a dragon don't you? be... a little more..."

"yep. i may be the odd pickings of the four dragons, but i will most absolutely protect you guys."