⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟑

the dark dragon and the happy hungry bunch were getting ready to leave into a nearby town but kaho had other plans on her mind.

"let's leave quickly. i have some things to get." yun said, about to lead everyone where they had to go.

"actually guys..." kaho caught their attention. "i won't be going with you."

"what do you mean?" yona asked, going to stand in front of her sister who was still standing beside the camp area with a small bag on her shoulder.

"remember a while ago when i left a note saying i was going off on my own because i had important things to do?" they all nodded. "well, i didn't get to do anything and i had to delay leaving. but right now, would be a good time to leave."

everyone had glum looks on their faces as if she announced she was never coming back.

"are you leaving for good?" hak asked.

"no! of course not!" she exclaimed, shocked they'd think she'd completely ditch them. their faces lit up but then dropped again. "i might be back in a few weeks."

"weeks? that's so long." kija complained.

"i do have to travel back to kouka." she told him. traveling such a long distance possibly on foot would take a month itself...

"what is this goal you have?" yona asked, interested because it wasn't mentioned in the letter.

"finding my parents." kaho replied with a bitter smile

"what... but mother and father are..."

"your mother and father." kaho said.

"are you saying what we're thinking, dear?" jae-ha asked.

"yes, i was adopted." she replied, rubbing yona's shoulders to comfort her in case it was too overwhelming.

"h-h... ow long did you know?"

"ik-su told me. so not that long." kaho explained, letting go of her sister.

"why didn't you tell us?"

"if i did it would've distracted you from the main thing you need to focus on. so please continue your journey and don't try to stop me. i've made up my mind."

"i-i respect your decision. no matter what, adopted or not, i'll always love you for being the best sister i could ask for." yona wrapped her small arms around her sister, melting in their last hug for a while.

"thank you, yona." she clutched onto her, tears pooling in her eyes. "i love you so much. please, stay safe."

they then pulled away to say goodbye to the others.

"take care, you idiot." hak put his hand on her head, squishing it.

"yeah, yeah. don't miss me too much." she shoved his hand away and gave him a small hug.

"i'll miss you too much, kaho dear!" jae-ha cried, his hands together as if he was praying for her not to leave.

she laughed at him and hugged him too. "bye, pervert."

next, was shin-ah and zeno who attacked her in hugs at the same time. the three were a mess on the floor, refusing to let go.

"take me with you!" zeno exclaimed.

"you know i can't." she patted the boys head and he let go with a dejected, but still cheerful look on his face as he said goodbye.

"take care." shin-ah mumbled. he pulled off his mask, showing her his eyes one more time knowing how much she adored it. with a smile, kaho put his mask back on as she told him to look after yona and not overwork himself.