⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟕

"these clothes are so nice!" kaho told princess tao. after recovering from the large intake of fumes, the princess and her body guards found them a place to stay and change.

"yes, they feel sooo good." zeno added.

"that's good to hear." the princess replied, her hand on her chest. she was so pure and too cute to have people trying to kill her. it somewhat reminded kaho of yona before everything had happened with her cousin. except, yona was a bit of a brat.

"feel the fabric on mine." kaho touched zeno's clothes, astonished by how soft it felt.

"these two will just ruin it immediately. you should have given them straw clothes." yun said.

"we could never!"

"i am truly sorry for getting you all caught up in this. and i would love to send everyone back to kouka kingdom as soon as possible however... there are many people outside during the day so let us depart once it is dark."

"actually princess tao..." kaho began.

"just call me tao." she interrupted, waving her hand at her.

"tao... there's some things i have to do so i need to go into town. hopefully, i won't be gone too long."

"is it urgent that you go?" tao asked. "i mean, it could be dangerous during the day. could you wait for night?"

"you see my parents are here and i've never met them before so this may be my only chance." she explained, having already packed a bag so even everyone disagreeing with her wouldn't stop her.

"ah, i see." tao put a hand to her chin then suddenly grabbed onto algira, pushing him forwards. "you can take algira with you. he will protect you."

"no it's okay! i can protect myself."

"i insist!"

"i'll go instead. no harm will come to kaho i promise." kija said. he pushed her out the place and into the town before tao could say anything else.

"did you do that get me out of there?" kaho smirked at him.

"of course and i knew you would have insisted no one go with you but i didn't want you to be alone. now where is it that you need to go?"

"thanks, kija." she grinned then continued walking through the town. "i don't know the exact place. i know my mum is here for sure. we'll probably spend a while looking around, if that's okay?"

"of course it's okay!" he told her then mumbled. "anything for you."

they went around town, searching shops and the roads. it began to dawn on kaho that this would be impossible, especially because they couldn't just go around knocking on doors. her parents could be anywhere. kija even tried asking around but the people weren't too friendly.

"i don't know if we'll ever find her." kaho sighed, almost giving up. she felt exhausted.

"hey, don't give up. you've come so far. we'll find her." kija assured, wanting to reach out and rub her shoulder or give some more comfort. "let's go sit in this shop for a bit."

kaho looked over to the food shop he pointed to and nodded. they went inside and took a seat on some chairs. she rested her chin on her hand and stared down at the table.

a women wondered over to their table, a tray in hand. "would you like any—" the tray slipped out her hands as she set eyes on the girl at the table.