⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟏

"yun, i don't want to eat it!"

"you've got to eat healthy food too!" the boy yelled, chasing after her. she had been sneaking food out of his bag and eating it but refusing to eat the proper meals such as vegetables.

"what's going on?" kija asked as she almost ran into him.

"she won't eat the vegetables." yun said, stopping next to him and shoving the bowl into his hands. "maybe you can get her to."

kija stood, dumbfounded, with the bowl of food while yun sat by the fire, annoyed.

"i'll feed kaho dear." jae-ha sang. he swiped the bowl out of kija's hands and chased after her. she went to hide behind shin-ah and his fur but it didn't work out as ao gave away her hiding place.

"come on. you've got to eat it." kija urged. "yun will be mad."

"i already am." he rolled his eyes and then stood up. "i'm going to find some more wood. yona, hak and zeno should be back soon."

kaho's face seemed to soften at this so she sat down and took the bowl from jae-ha. "fine i'll eat." she grumbled and then proceeded to shove all the food into her mouth in one go.

"calm down. calm down." jae-ha said patting her back. his hand brushed against her hair and he let out a surprised noise.

"what?"

"your hair... i didn't realise it was silver."

"silver?!" kaho exclaimed. she jumped up from the floor and dashed for yun's bag.

"what are you doing?" kija asked. she was digging through it, throwing things out and making a mess.

"got it!" she said, pulling a mirror out. she stroked her hair that had began turning silver from the top and then fading into black on one side of her head. "my hair..."

"i thought you knew about that. i assumed you did it yourself." kija said.

"no. no. no! this isn't good!" she yelled, pacing back and forth, the mirror still in hand.

"no need to panic. i'm sure it's just because of stress." he reassured her.

"isn't that a myth?" jae-ha asked. "anyway, i'd panic too if my hair turned silver but i'm sure it'll be fine."

"no! you don't understand. it was something my mum told me. if my hair starts to turn silver it means i haven't found a balance between the two stones, good and evil. it's because when i protected yona i was using evil abilities."

"surely it can be fixed. if you find a balance then—"

"it could be only a matter of time before my hair goes silver completely. next, it's my eyes and then i go insane. if i... if i can't find a balance... hh." she fell to her knees, her breathing ragged.

"hey, hey." jae-ha ran to her side, kija and shin-ah following.

"what's happening?! what do we do?!" kija asked.

"she's panicking!" jae-ha told them. he wrapped an arm around her waist, sitting her up. "kaho, breathe. you've got to breathe."

"i-i... i..."

"i don't know what to do!"

"y-yun..." she managed to get out.

"get yun!" jae-ha yelled at shin-ah. he left immediately to find yun and returned within seconds.

"what's wrong?!" he hurried over and kneeled in front of her. "a panic attack?"

"she was calling for you, yun, and we don't know what to do!" kija said, as they moved away so he could help her.