⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟗

"i've brought plenty of meat today!" a voice exclaimed, waking kaho from her sleep.

with a yawn she lifted herself up from the blanket that was bunched up under her head and the blanket covering her shoulder to toe. yun had woken up before her and made sure she was comfortable sleeping.

"th-thanks."

"well? are you all feeling better? have i been useful?" mizari bombarded, clinging to the bars.

"what is up with you?" kaho pressed, now knowing for sure something was up. she thought he surely wasn't doing this out of kindness.

"isn't that a bit mean?" he asked, tilting his head, giving her that same look from yesterday that sent chills down her spine.

"she's right. why are you going so far for us?" yun interrupted so that she wouldn't have the chance to argue with him.

"green person and white person, are you two interested in becoming part of the five stars?"

"what are you say—"

"there are two vacancies in the five stars right now. the green person and white person have interesting powers. rather than just filling out the five stars with those boring, normal people, i think the organisation would be a lot more fun with you two. if you become part of the five stars, you all will also avoid execution and torture."

"are you insane?" kija questioned.

"not at all. i'm sure lady kouren would also be—"

"mizari." someone called from behind the boy. they had short hair, large eyes and were wearing earrings that matched with their armour. "don't just say whatever you please."

"lady kouren!" mizari exclaimed, spinning around.

"you are called the four dragons of kouka kingdom or something along those lines, correct? it seems that you all still have not recovered." her eyes wandered over to kaho, the only female with them. she wasn't aware that yona wasn't the only one, it perked her interest.

"my if it isn't the lovely princess kouren. your five stars are quite strong. we still can't move satisfactorily." jae-ha said.

"tao wanted to save you all even at the cost of her own life, so she came here to petition for you." kouren said. "i heard that white man over there saved one of tao's court ladies back in sei kingdom. as mizari said, should you submit to me, i would consider freeing you."

"i have already decided to live and die only for that persons sake." kija interrupted.

kouren thought for a moment, a dull look in her eyes and then spoke again.

"that girl won't be coming back. over a week has parted since she departed from here and there has been no news. she may have fled or... perhaps she was killed by soo-won. it was an impossibility from the very start, peace with kouka kingdom."

"my sister is much stronger than you think. she's no normal girl trying to save kingdoms. she is the red dragon with the power of the four dragons and the onmyōdō stones." kaho said, her eyes glaring at the princess kouren who dared suggest after all this time of fighting, yona would have failed this obstacle.