⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟗

"yona, you look really tired."

"it's too much for you."

"princess, you look like a newborn fawn."

"i'm okay." yona replied to the worry bots who were concerned about her carrying the buckets of water. "i need to build up my strength."

"yes! just like me!" kaho said, easily carrying the buckets.

"wow! you're very strong." kija complimented, wanting to clap his hands.

"princess, did you come here too?" a voice asked catching kaho's attention but she didn't look back, too focused on walking.

"tae-jun."

"tae-jun!" kaho screeched at the name. she dropped her buckets on the floor, spilling some of the water they had collected for the villagers. any other time and she would have been devastated that she dropped it after working hard but she was too busy glaring at tae-jun.

"lady kaho!" he yelled, frightened that she was with the group. he hadn't seen her in a while. "i-it's nice to see you."

"lady? she is a pr—" kaho covered kija's mouth as she stepped forwards.

"nice to see you? you bastard!" she rolled up her sleeves, ready to attack him but was held back by jae-ha. "let me at him!"

tae-jun was one of the small amount of people who knew of kaho. though, he didn't know her as a princess. her father had introduced her to him as a distant relative who was only a noble lady. he wanted to get them engaged. it seemed like the perfect way for him to get rid of her. tae-jun laughed nervously and then turned to yona.

"to be able to meet you in a place like this, yona. it must be fate. even taking the effort to ride my horse such a long way was—"

"white snake drag him off." hak said and kija held onto his head, about to drag him away.

"okay."

"wait. let me smash his face on the floor first!" kaho added, cracking her knuckles.

"please don't." tae-jun begged.

"why do you hate him so much?" yun asked.

"he tried to force me into an engagement with him!"

"i did not! hak said you had a crush on me." tae-jun argued, shaking his hands out in front of him. kaho's face went red while hak was getting ready to run.

"you told him that! even when i said not to." she yelled holding him by his ear.

after being introduced to tae-jun, she ended up developing a small crush, only because he was one of the few boys she knew at the time. after getting over that silly crush, hak decided to tell tae-jun to get him away from yona. so he directed his attention to kaho and begged her father for an engagement, which she hated.

"what. so it was true?" tae-jun asked. "you liked me?"

"ha..." she laughed and went to sulk, away from them. "it was really embarrassing."

"i can't believe this." kija gasped. to think she'd like someone like that.

"tae-jun, you should come with us." yona said.

"yes, of course! i'll carry your luggage!"

"fine, servant, take this." kaho threw her bags at him. one hit him in the face and he let out a yelp, falling off his horse.

the group made their way back to the village with the large amount of water they had gotten. it had dawned on kaho that she had dropped her water and she felt incredibly guilty.