Chapter Twenty-Eight

Annette could feel Mikael tossing and turning restlessly beside her. That was strange, she thought. It had been a long time since he had had a nightmare.

 She gently nudged him. "Wake up. It's just a dream."

 His snapped open. He sat up and slowly looked around the room.

 "What is it?" she asked, now more alert.

 "It was just...the dream. There was blood and screaming. It all seemed to real. And there was a row of coffins. In the dream, I walked up to one of them and lifted the top...and it was Freya inside." He stopped. "Annette, we haven't spoken to any of them since we left New Orleans. What if something happened?"

 "You're right." Annette picked up her phone to turn it on. "I've-I've got a bunch of messages."

 "From Freya?"

 "Yeah. Listen to these." 

 Dear Father and Annette,

 Even though you just left, everything has become even more chaotic. 

 Davina succeeded in resurrecting Kol. He's back now. But when she brought him back from the ancestral well, Finn came back as well. He just showed up today, and there is a lot of tension between my brothers.

 A last piece of white oak stake has been found. Finn wanted to kill himself with it, but Elijah wouldn't let him. Lucien suggested I hold onto it, so I'm going to keep it safe. 

 I will write again when I have more news. 

                                                                                                                                                 Love, 
                                                                                                                                                 Freya

 My dear Annette, 

 Today was extremely upsetting for Freya, so I will write this myself.

 Freya was kidnapped by Lucien. He had an ulterior motive the entire time. His plan was to use our mother's original spell to make himself an Original. But what he became is more deadly than us. He is some sort of hybrid as well. He bit Finn, and not even my brother's blood could cure him. We gave him a proper funeral.

 I have no idea where you are, but you need to stay far away from New Orleans. Do not come back until we find a way to kill Lucien. I will keep you informed. 

                                                                                                                                                       Elijah

 Dear Father and Annette,

 Lucien killed our friend Camille. We still haven't found a way to kill him. Where are you? You didn't answer our last two letters. Please let me know if you're okay. 

                                                                                                                                                       Love, 
                                                                                                                                                      Freya

 Dear Father and Annette, 

 I don't even know where to start. We killed Lucien, but we had to pay a price.

 The ancestors were out to get Davina. They used Kol to kill her. We were going to bring her back, but Elijah and I sacrificed her to get the power we needed to kill Lucien. Klaus said not to, but I let Elijah talk me into it. I don't know what to do now. Father, please send me some reply. 

                                                                                                                                                                Love, 
                                                                                                                                                                Freya