4

The sun streams through the satin curtains and blinds me when I open my eyes, looking to the bedside table and seeing a steaming cup of tea. Smiling to myself I sit up and take a sip, obviously not worried enough about the tea being poisoned. After all, I don't know who put it there, and I just moved in with a random man.

A beautiful man.... My mind trails off as I finish off the tea and set the cup back on the bedside table.

Throwing the covers off myself, I gather my clothes and head to the bathroom for a shower. As I was the shampoo through my hair and let the warm water beat over my body I think about the things I need to do today. I don't have work, but I have to unpack, maybe get to know my flatmate better, and I think I have a date tonight.

Rolling my eyes, I remember all the other trash dates that I've been on, knowing that this one will be no different. Some dull lady, telling me about her pets and es's and I'll eat the food, pay the bill, then come home and go to sleep.

Sighing again, I turn off the water and towel my hair off, but it still drips at the ends. Finding a cabinet of soft, blue robes, all identical, I throw one on and enter the kitchen, not wanting to get dressed yet.

"Morning." I say cheerfully as I enter the kitchen to see my flatmate laying across the countertop, his hand placed strategically below his chin. I don't even get a grunt in response, so I shrug and get a bowl and pour cereal into it. Opening the door of the fridge, I'm immediately appalled to see more body parts, but no milk.

Groaning, I take the bowl and decide to eat it dry. Shuffling goes on behind me until I hear a yelp. "That's my robe!" Sherlock squeals and rushed over to me, trying to pull it off my body.

"Hey! There was a cabinet full of them, I just assumed!" I say as innocently as possible, knowing that I haven't done anything blatantly wrong, but he sure makes it seem as if I had.

He grumbles and stalks away with the robe, leaving me in the kitchen in my underwear. Shaking my head, I take my bowl and hurry upstairs, hoping he doesn't bother to look at me. This man is insane.

The look in his eyes screams madness, and they way he immediately decided to share a flat with me was out of the blue, sudden and creepy. Yet, here I am, in his flat, in my underwe... OOF!! I bump into something hard and fall on the floor. Looking up, I see it's him. I feel my face flush as he smiles down at me.

"Struggles, Watson?" He offers his hand and I take it, noticing the robe is still hung over his arm. After he hoists me up he keeps the grip on my hand, sending tingles up and down my arm.

I've never felt this before.... Am I in love?

His blue eyes penetrate deep into mine and I smile nervously. "Thanks."

"No problem. Now... you might want to get dressed." He smirks and glances down briefly before walking away.

"Bastard!" I whisper under my breath as I gather my things from the bathroom floor, but chuckling, surprisingly not embarrassed.

It's funny how such a strange friendship can be created within a few days.