We Who Deserve Hell

David's PoV:

Its been three weeks since I last seen Aiko. And its also been three weeks since I passed up my resignation letter to quit working for the government,and join Coriolis for Aiko. I called multiple times on her phone but she doesn't answer any of it that makes me worry about her..

I entered the HQ and people seem to gossip early in the morning. A lot have been glancing to me and some just looked at me disgusted.

"Have you seen Aiko?" I poked a colleague and she flinched.

"S-she is in the d-dungeon, D-David" she said and I thanked her before going to where she told me Aiko is.

As I arrive in the dungeon I saw Aiko punching several punching bags.. She's letting her frustrations out. Something must have happened then. I only watched her from a distance, admiring her strength. Then I hear her rant.

"Mafia boss?!? I would be better if I JUST DIE" She then punched a punching bag so hard that it stumble on the floor. I can see tears slipped from her eyes as she let out her rage. 

"Aiko...." I softly said as I approach her. She was surprised that I was there and tears didn't stop flowing from her eyes. I wrap my arms around her waist as I pull her close to me..

"Don't cry....it'll make you ugly" I jokingly said hoping she'll laugh at it. She only hugged back and her hand turned into fist in my back. She is crying....crying like the last drop of problem have fallen into her collapsing world that makes it hard to bear...her collapsing world..

Somehow, her pain reached me. Her pain can make anyone disappear just going near it. How much more if you're the one who's bearing that pain?

A hug isn't enough to erase that pain from her chest.. "Aiko" I said as I pull away slightly to wipe her tears.." Its okay...it'll be okay" 

She looked at me and broke down in tears. She's crying like a child. Like a lost child she is. I held her much close. She is Coriolis' 32nd Batch Top Student. She will be an executive this week. She is famous as the underworld's Black Angel. But if you look past it, you'll see. You'll see how she desperate needs love and approval from her father. Killing innocent for the amusement of her father. I cant..... I cant help her heal. She'll only heal her emotional wound on her own. I'm afraid I'm not much helping her.

Soon, her tears dried and she looked at me. "David..." Now there are already tears daring to escape from her brown orb. I kissed her tears away and looked at her with concern and love.

"I'm sorry...."she mumbled as she hugged me back.

 "Don't be...you didn't do anything wrong" I said as I rub circles on her back. 

"I regret I didn't save her. I regret not being able to tell her that I've already forgiven her. I regret every hate I had when I thought my real father is the reason why she left me." She list off all the things she regrets. Then it came to me, her mother died. The reason the people on the HQ are gossiping, is about her mother. 

"Would you want me to take you home?" I asked her gently,hoping I didn't trigger anything.

She only nods and I took off her training gloves and gently put them away. I kissed her knuckles and look at her with a soft smile. "Aiko....You still have me" I said as I kiss her nose. Aiko blushed a little and buries her face on my chest. I chuckled a bit then I realized She's crying again. 

"Well, my queen, Let me take you to my castle" I said smiling at her as I swept her off her feet and carry her bridal style to my car and take her back to their quarters. As we arrived, I held her hand. She looked at me like I was being weird,but I ignored that. 

"Aiko...." my hands slowly gets to her cheeks,cupping them and looked into her eyes with seriousness.

 "Its okay to remorse and grieve,but we are at war. we ,who deserve hell, doesn't know when to cry especially if its someone...someone who gave you life. I know its hard. But don't let your guard down as you grief for your mother. rely one someone. Rely on me. Please,Aiko." I said as I let her forehead rest on mine.

I felt her tears on my hands and I immediately hugged her. I kissed her temple and closed my eyes. I don't want her to see like this. I don't want to see her broken like this. Not now,not ever.

But it looks like its the opposite