2

Courtney POV
Ugh finally. LUNCHH!!! I'm so hungry I can literally hear my stomach grumble with impatience.

Wait. Where's the cafeteria? Oh god I'm so new to this place I don't even know where to eat!

I start to wander around the large school campus when suddenly someone bumped into me and spilled some water on my shirt. By judging her actions, you could really tell it was intentional.

"Hey! Watch where you're going." I shot at the girl without thinking twice.

Maybe it's because of how unfamiliar I am to this place that I've decided to be more hostile towards everyone.

The girl who I bumped into paused in front of me and laughed evilly. "Oh! I'm SO sorry I did not mean to do that AT ALL!" She spat with much arrogance.

With that said, she walked off with her gang that consisted of a few other girls who looked as superior as she did.

"Ugh my shirt is wet now. Worst first day of school ever." I muttered to myself in a frustrated tone.

As I was looking around, desperately searching for the toilet so I can wipe the water off, I see a blonde boy run over to me from a distance.

"Here, use some tissue to wipe that off." the boy offered with a kind smile.

"Th-thanks. You are such a nice person." I replied shyly as I took the paper towels to soak up the liquid.

I mentally cursed to myself for stuttering but damn he looks cute.

"No problem. I'm Shayne Topp. Nice to meet you. Is this your first day here?"

"Yeah. I have been struggling with the locations of different rooms. Plus, I'm not friends with anyone yet, so it's difficult for me to adapt to this new school environment."

"I see. I've been here for a year now. Have you had your lunch yet?" he questioned.

"Not yet. I don't really know where the cafeteria is..." I trialed off, thinking that I sound stupid enough to not know where the cafeteria is.

"It's okay, I can take you there." he said with a smile.

"Really? Thank you!" I perked up instantly upon his offer.

Eventually, we arrived the cafeteria.

"My friends are waiting for me at the table over there. I guess I'll see you later maybe?" he asked.

"Yeah. See you!" I said with a smile, and waved goodbye to him, which he returned.

I walked across the benches full of noisy and chatty students, and spotted a bench which is not crowded. I then went over and took a seat, and took out my sandwich.

I wish I could have lunch with him but I guess he's popular here. It really sucks to eat lunch alone, I thought to myself as I take small bites of my sandwich.

Shayne seems like a nice guy. Maybe I could talk to him some other time.

*20 minutes later, the bell rings*

Well, I guess I should pack up and head to my classes.