9

*It's prom today*

Courtney POV

Okay. Today is the big day. I gotta wear something nice no matter how much I hate dresses, so I won't embarass myself too much.

I went to my wardrobe and picked out a simple white dress and a necklace with a silver heart.

I know Shayne wears a necklace with a golden key on it and I think it's very pretty. Sometimes I just gaze at the shining key for a period of time until I get back to reality.

I put on my dress and the necklace and looked at the reflection on the mirror. Hmm. Not bad. I thought.

(Courtney's dress)

(Courtney's necklace)

Sohinki told me to wait for him at 6:30pm along the street my house was at

Sohinki told me to wait for him at 6:30pm along the street my house was at. Honestly I was a little nervous as I've never been to prom before. Me and sohinki are just friends so it might get awkward at times. (A/N: Friend-zoned!!! Poor Sohinki)

Sohinki POV

I wore a black tuxedo and a blue tie. I thought about buying flowers for Courtney but at last I decided not to. God she doesn't even like you! Plus, she doesn't even know I like her! Oh god this will be awkward. Well I gotta go pick up Courtney. It's about time.

Courtney POV

I saw a grey car drive over to where I was standing. I was excited despite the nervousness built up inside of me. The window opened to reveal Sohinki neatly dressed up.

"You look beautiful. Ready to go?" Sohinki asked.

"Yup!" I replied, blushing slightly.

I got inside the car and we set off. The car ride was mostly silent, except for the radio playing soft music, with Sohinki having his eyes focused on the road and me looking out the window.

*time skip to when they arrived*

Courtney POV

Me and sohinki walked inside the large hall filled with boys and girls. I saw snacks and drinks on a table across the room.

Hmm. I guess I might be staying there for the rest of the night.

Just then, I heard Despacito playing from the speakers. People slowly moved to the centre of the hall and started dancing and singing.

Me and sohinki also got out and danced for a little bit. I was never a good dancer. Being good at twerking doesn't mean you're being good at dancing.

We danced to a few more songs and we decided to get some food at the refreshments table.

We ate Doritos and talked about random stuff. It's slightly awkward as I don't really like science that much as him, so I couldn't really relate / understand to what he's trying to explain or talk about.

Sohinki said he needed to use the bathroom, so now I'm alone.

Finally!

I was so anxious all along. I looked around the noisy and crowded hall to spot a familiar blonde boy with a tuxedo on, sitting alone on a table, using his phone.

There's a lot of tissue on the table too. His back is facing to me so I'm not entirely sure who he is.

Should I go talk to him? He seems lonely.

I went over to him. "Hey.." I whispered nervously. He didn't respond. Maybe he didn't hear me. I lightly patted his shoulder. This time, he turned around.