4

Courtney POV

"Hey mom, I'm home."

"Oh sweetie you're back! How was your day? Did you make any friends? Did you like the sandwich I made you? Did you like the classes?"

"Woah woah woah mom slow down! I didn't meet a lot of people but I made friends with one of my classmates in maths class. We did math together and to be honest, I'm starting to stop hating math.

"Oh wow that's really good news, since you hate 'socializing' which I've heard from some of your friends from elementary school." She laughed.

"Yeah whatever. I loved the science lesson and the history lesson too. The teachers in those classes were nice." I stated.

"That's great to hear."

"I'm going to my room to do homework." I said, taking my bag and started to make my way upstairs.

"Okay! I'll call you when dinner is ready!" She shouted.

I got up to my room, put down my heavy school bag, and plopped down in my bed. Today was tiring. After checking social media, I went on to do homework. It's a surprise I didn't get stuck in maths homework.

I had dinner and went to sleep. With such a tiring day, I had a dream.

_________
The blonde boy, none other than Shayne, was waiting for me with his bike beside him.

'Hey courtney. You ready to go cycling?' He asked.

'Of course. Let's go!' I replied happily.

We cycled past patches of fields and numerous trees. The wind was blowing softly in my hair and it felt so relaxing. Finally we paused to rest and get a drink. We sat together under a big oak tree and drank some water.

I think I've been staring into Shayne's blue eyes for a minute now. He looks so perfect. (A/N: Lmao 5sos reference)

'Courtney? Are you okay?' He asked with concern written on his face.

I was taken back to reality by Shayne's words.

'Um y-yeah. Totally fine.' I stuttered.

Out of nowhere, we started slowly leaning a little closer. Oh my god. I'm about to kiss him! I've never kissed anyone in my entire life! What if I ruin it? Ugh!

I think we were only 2 inches away when suddenly something loud and annoying blared through my eardrums.
_________

I opened my eyes and panted, wiping the sweat on my forehead.

"What happened? Did I kiss him?" I whispered to myself. Damn it Courtney!

"Darling it's 7am. Get ready for school and don't be late!" I hear my mom yell downstairs.

"Okayyyy mom I'm up."

I went to the bathroom to wash up, stuffed everything I needed for classes today into my bag and went downstairs to have breakfast. But little did I know I left my Shakespeare book on my desk.

After eating breakfast, I walked to school. I really didn't like the noisy atmosphere of the school campus. People are always laughing and chatting but I don't really have a lot of friends to talk to. Well, at least I have one.

Shayne. I smiled to myself.