3

Courtney POV

Some classes were fun. Science and History interested me a lot. Everything seemed to be going just fine before the math class started.

Oh no it's math class! I hate math so much so I'm just gonna sleep through the class. At least that mean girl is not in my math class so I can sleep peacefully (lmao).

Let me just grab my stuff and head over to the classroom.

Eventually, the teacher arrived . He took the attendance and started teaching. A few minutes later, a blonde boy rushed in the classroom, catching his breath. At this point, Courtney was already dozing off.

Shayne POV (finally!!)

"Sorry teacher I'm late. I was using the bathroom a while ago." I apologised while catching my breath as I rushed back to class.

"It's okay. And you must be Shayne Topp. Am I right?" The teacher asked.

"Yes sir."

"Okay thank you. Take a seat." The teacher said while adjusting his glasses.

I spotted an empty desk at the back of the room next to a pile of long blonde hair, but wait... is that Courtney?? Well, I guess I gotta sit next to her then.

Courtney POV

ZZZZZzzzZZZ

*hears noise of pulling a chair beside her*

"Who are you?" I lifted my head slightly, eyelids still not fully opened.

"Chill. It's  Shayne, I hope you still remember me. Why are you sleeping? Shouldn't you listen in class?

My cheeks are tinted red and I felt ashamed.

"I know I should be, but I just hate math. No matter what I do, I cant bring myself to like this subject. I fail most of the tests and exams and I don't even know what to do anymore (AN: same girl same)."

"It's very sad to hear someone disliking math." He told while pouting a little.
I can't deny his cuteness.

"You like math?" I asked, quite surprised.

"Why not? Math is everywhere. It's useful too. Once you understand the way of doing math, it's gonna be easy."

I thought for a while.

"Can you help me improve my maths?" I giggled at my stupid idea.

"Okay. But first, you have to get up." He agreed.

"Deal."

And so the two started working with the classwork the teacher gave them.