19

Courtney POV

Everyone hates mondays, but not me, because I share 2 periods with Shayney. Maths class amd music class. Woah. Did I just call him Shayney? Ugh STOP IT COURTNEY!!

I've always loved singing and playing the ukulele and guitar ever since I was a little kid, so I loved music classes. And classes with Shayne are the best because we basically are best friends.

But first, I've got other classes to go to besides these two.

Time skip to music class

Shayne POV

Courtney and I always agreed to wait for each other besides our lockers so we can go to the music room together.

We were like best friends, but I low-key wanted us to be more than that. I know it takes time and patience though.

I loved music classes very much because two of my friends in the squad are in the same class with me: Courtney and Keith.

I don't really sing well, but I loved hearing Courtney sing. Her singing is angelic! She is the best singer out of the 5 of us in our squad.

Oh she's walking towards me.

"Hey Shayney, let's go!" She said with a smile on her face.

Did she just call me Shayney? What does that supposed to mean?

Anyways, we walked to the music room together. As friends.

Keith sees us the most out of the whole class, so he will always smirk at us. "Shourtney!!!" He whispered to us.

I've always pretended to deny my feelings towards Courtney, but I wish I didn't have to do that. I rolled my eyes and we sat down with him.

The teacher came in the classroom and started speaking. "Alright listen up everyone. There will be a music project due soon, and you'll be in pairs to finish it. Please get into pairs now."

"You will be writing a song together and performing it in front of the class 2 weeks later."

A wide smile immediately spreads on Courtney's face, definitely knowing that we'll be working together.

Meanwhile, Keith was with one of our classmates.

Me and Shayne get together. Shayne tears a piece of paper from his blue notebook and starts scribbling notes and ideas.

Courtney POV

After we got into groups, my immediate thought was playing the guitar and singing.

"What about using the guitar or the ukulele?" I suggested to Shayne. "Ooh I'm liking that. But sorry I don't know how to play any instruments..." He replied.

I thought of an idea."It's okay. You can try using garageband on your iPad to play the drums or other instruments so we can play the recording out on that day, and I will play the guitar live!"

"Great idea! Do you want to practice today after school at my place? My mom wouldn't mind." Shayne offered.

"Sure! I'll go home and grab my guitar before heading to your place then."

*The bell goes*
It's lunch break now

"Goodbye class! Go for your lunch now!" The music teacher said to us.

We agreed to have lunch together with the squad today. Keith, Shayne and I walk into the cafeteria filled with chatty students to the table where Olivia and Noah are sitting.

They seem to be talking about something because I see them giggling every 5 seconds.

Shayne runs over to the table and surprises them. "HEY GUYS!" Typical Shayne.

Both of them were shocked indeed, and they immediately dismissed their conversation they had earlier. I wonder what they are talking about.