11

Courtney POV

"I-It's Jessica...Sh-she broke u-up w-with me..." and there he goes again, bawling his eyes out.

Being a girl with no dating experience at all, I didn't really know what to do, so I gave him a tight hug and he hugged back.

I don't know how much time passed but it felt so right hugging him. I was sure he felt better too.

We broke the hug and Shayne pointed to a pair walking across the hall.

I remember Jessica's same old evil grin that she gave me last time she pushed me over and called me a loser.

Now I see her with another boy which I don't really know. Shayne doesn't deserve any of this!

"It's okay Shayne. You are such a nice guy! There must be someone out there who not only looks at your appearance, but also the inner heart of yours."

I said softly, trying my best to comfort him. I had to admit I liked him, but now is not the best time to tell him.

"Thanks Courtney. You're such a nice friend." He sighed and smiled at me. (Friendzoned lol sorry)

We ate Doritos and talked for a while. This is nothing compared to me and sohinki's conversation.

Our conversations are casual and normal, while me and sohinki's are awkward and tense.

It feels very nice being around with shayne. You know he's got your back whenever you need help.

I turned back around, and I see Shayne falling asleep, his phone still on.( I'm not the type of people who stalks other's phones.)

I guess he drank a bit and was getting drowsy.

Plus, he's just cried a whole lot. It really drains your energy crying.

I whispered to him softly, "I wish I could tell you I like you very much..."

I stared at him. His blonde hair, his eyes closed, tired yet sad. Just then I thought I heard him say "Me...too..." softer than a whisper.

Wait. Is this real? Does he know what he is saying? Does he like me? Or it's just sleeptalking?

Shayne POV

I fell asleep since I drained all my energy today. Shortly, I remembered Courtney, what she said, what she did to comfort me.

I've never met such a nice girl before. All girls in my previous school are inconsiderate and bossy but Courtney's different.

I pictured Courtney in my brain, her blonde locks, her hazel eyes, her cute laugh.

A while later She spoke up. "I wish I could tell you I like you very much..."

She likes me? How did I not see that? Honestly, deep in my heart I felt I belonged with Courtney, but not Jessica.

I replied "Me too..." and she blushed and chuckled. I always loved whenever she laughs. It's just so cute.

I ran over to hug her. She laid her head on my shoulder. I realised I loved Courtney.