17

Before you continue, I really want to thank you all for 2000 reads!!! I really am overjoyed :D

Shayne POV

I think I heard the doctor say "move your finger" so I tried.
.
.
There was eerie silence across the room.
.
.
I guess it didn't work. I tried harder and focused and used all my energy I have left to move.

"Oh my god! His finger moved!" Is what I heard. It worked! The next thing I'm trying to do is to open my eyes. It took quite some time to do that. I focused harder than ever, and the next thing I knew the lights in the celing were blinding me.

"Shayne! You're awake!" Courtney screamed out, crying tears of joy.

I saw her eyes,

her face,

her hair,

her smile.

She looks beautiful. I instantly felt butterflies in my stomach. Just like every time I see her. I had feelings for her ever since the first math class when I first met her.

Courtney rushed forward and hugged me tightly. I hugged back, feeling happy that I finally woke up, plus have someone care for me that much.

"Alright young lady, since he's awake already, we need to conduct some tests to make sure he's 100% fine. Would you wait outside for a couple minutes please?" Courtney agreed and went outside.

Courtney POV

SHAYNE WOKE UP! I'm overjoyed that he's okay. I went out the room as the doctor asked me to.

I immediately took my phone out and started texted all my friends about it. Everyone was overjoyed.

I also notified his mom which has been visiting him every day ever since he ended up here.

_________________________________________

Courtney: Hello Mrs. Topp, I have good news! Shayne is awake!!

Mrs. Topp: oh my gosh I can't believe this! I have been so worried about my boy. Thank you so much for visiting him! He must be so lucky to have you as one of his best friends :)

There was it again. Whenever I see the word 'friend' my smile fades. I wanted to me more than friends with him.

Courtney: Oh don't mention it. He can leave today and I can offer to accompany him since I'm free.

Mrs. Topp: that's wonderful news! I really can't thank you enough! Stay safe kids! Love you!

_________________________________________

But I still had one thing that I'm unsure of.

I liked him.

Will he like me back?

I know I shouldn't rush things, especially he just woke up 5 minutes ago, but there's this strong feeling in me that keeps saying that he's the right one for me. I guess I have to be patient.

After a while the doctor comes out. "He can leave today. You are free to go in now," he said to me and left the room.

I went back in and saw Shayne sitting up on the white hospital bed, smiling at me.

"Words cannot express how grateful I am to have you as a friend," Shayne spoke up.

"Oh don't mention it. Friends will always have your back whenever you need them," I replied, smiling.

We lived near each other, and I just got my car licence so I drove him home.

During the car ride, we turned on the radio and jammed into songs that we loved. I missed doing that with him ever since he passed out.

We also talked about random stuff and how people are worried about him.